Kids Clubhouse early morning care

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by busymama, Jul 17, 2012.

1. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

I will be starting a new job soon and when school starts I will need to put my daughter in to early morning care 3X a week. I am considering taking her to Kids Clubhouse in the mornings. Wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them they could share. Thanks!!

2. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

I am not sure what school your child is in but I would call the school and see if they have a before school care program there...I know WV does thats where my child goes in the am. I have heard some not so good things about that place and the owners... Just my 2cents!! Good luck to you!

3. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

My son goes to the McGee's Elementary early morning care. He seems to like it and at $65 a MONTH, it's a way better deal with any of the daycares.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My kids went to after school care some at their elementary school last year and it was also much cheaper than the daycares. Of course if you're looking for a place in the summer, I like Kim's Kids.

I will recommend you stay away from HHH Funhouse in Clayton though. Too much to list here, but it's the only place like that my kids asked that I never take them back to...with good reason!

5. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Give the number 1 and number 2 reasons then, as I am very curious. I cant imagine a "funhouse" type place where my little girl wouldnt want to go again, so they must have some serious issues.

6. oggsmash

I would also ask, anyone who has more info, when the public schools got into the after care business? I can see where it is a needed service and a good idea, but it also seems to be odd that a public, tax funded institution, would be in a business that competes directly with small private businesses.

7. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

The afterschool care hosted at the schools is thru the YMCA. They use the facilities however, they employ their own staff and provide their own supplies.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

actually, the YMCA doesn't have this anymore. Each school runs it with their own folks.

9. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Well, the main complaint is some of the older kids bully the youngers ones. They are not disciplined well at all. They sit in "time-out" for 5 minutes, I'm talking 12 year old boys in time-out. Really? Also, one time they wouldn't let the kids play because they were preparing for a private party that evening so all the kids...even the older ones had to sit in a room and color in coloring books. I don't know...it might be ok for some, but my girls said it isn't a "funhouse" it's a boring or annoying house. :lol:

10. oggsmash

In that case I think your girls may be onto something. That does sound like a mess.

11. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Places

I would STRONGLY suggest you visit the places yourself and stay there for about 30 minutes to an hour. I think that will give you a better view.

Personally, my kids went to Kim's Kids for a week for camp and loved it. They went to Kid's Clubhouse last year and begged to never go back. There were too many kids (unsupervised), money was stolen, and they did not feel safe.

Ms. Kim at Kim's Kids is wonderful.

Also, as others have said, check into your local school's before/after school care.

Best of luck to you. This is a hard decision.