Kids Clubhouse for summer camp?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mparkins7103, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

I usually put my 8 yr old in YMCA summer camp which we love but with work hrs changing and moving Kids Clubhouse is closer and opens up earlier...with that said has anyone on here had any negative/positive things happen there you could share?

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

My daughter LOVED it. she doesn't go anymore (financial reasons on our end, it's actually quite affordable considering)
    Mark and the crew are amazing, and my daughter was rarely bored with it (they do repeat events over the summer, but it's a good rotation we thought) and the extra's like the horse back riding (was 10 bucks each time) and the trip to Wet n Wild was the highlight of her summer.

They're very good with the kids, and I highly recommend them!

3. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Horrid - never send my kids there again

Unfortunately, my kids had an awful time there. Kids stole money from them, the 'teacher' to child ratio was about 1 to 20. But it wasn't as if those adults/teachers were around the kids supervising them. My kids begged to never be sent back there, so we didn't.

I guess it all depends on your child. You know them best...stop by and check it out for yourself.

4. atarot

atarot Member

No problems!

I have sent my daughter there for several years and the staff is great!!! As far as money goes: If you send money with your child, you are supposed to write your child's name on it, put it in an envelope an give it to Mr. Mark. That way he can make sure it is safe. I do not know what I would do without them because I have to work and need childcare.

5. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

My son enjoyed it, but has asked to not go back. He didn't like that the older kids were more "junior counselors" than campers. He felt like the older kids were allowed to watch them more than the teachers. I also felt a few times that the employee's were too young to be adequately supervising that many children. I would have felt more comfortable with older employee's and more defined roles for the older campers.