Kids Haircuts

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by brea7347, Sep 19, 2008.

1. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

I looked for a thread on this and the only one I could find was two years old. You know how quickly hairstylists change places around here! Anyway, we have never cut my three year old's hair and it is now down to her waist. I love it long, but the ends really need to be trimmed. Sooo, first haircut time! I'm not necessarily looking for a kid's salon, just someone who is experienced with kids and very good with them. My dd is a bit afraid of scissors thanks to me always warning her away from mine. Didn't think about how she'd feel about a haircut! So, any recommendations?

2. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Crystal @ fantastic sams

3. cellguy

cellguy Guest

amanda@tres vous @ 210/40 food lion shopping center

4. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Me at Great Clips. :) LOL

5. CANDI3

CANDI3 Member

I recommend Amanda at Tres Vous Salon also. She is great!

6. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the recommendations!

7. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Yvette Davis - Hair Dresser

Yvette Davis.......did hair about 9 years ago up at 42.......she is great!!! She had children so she stayed at home for a while. Now(for about 2 yrs) she has a shop at her house. She is very very experienced with children(she has 3), does a great job on color, and does what YOU want!!!! The best, call her she is on Matthews Road about 2 miles behind DR Wells. 989-4032 VERY AFFORDABLE

8. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Ya'll do a great job there & the prices can't be beat :)

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I agree! Although I brought my 3 in a couple weeks ago and you weren't there. But you did do my hubby's hair last week. I wasn't there, but he said some girl from Maine cut it, I'm guessing that was you.

10. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I wasn't a big fan of Great Clips for the kids. They didn't even want to try doing what I wanted on my son's hair, so instead they pretty much cut it the way they wanted it and not the way I wanted it. I was very specific on how I wanted my daughter's hair cut, and even showed pictures from one of their display books. When I complained that the cut wasn't like the picture, I was told that they made it more kid-like for me. So I got nothing of what I wanted, with two different stylists there. Needless to say we haven't been back.

I just got a flyer for Snip-Its in Brier Creek Commons. It says that they specialize in kids haircuts, and are set up to make the experience more child-friendly. From experience, although these places tend to be a little more expensive and the cuts aren't the greatest, they do the best job of making the kids at ease and not afraid of the hair cuts. So after going to one once or twice, the fear is gone and you can go to a regular place without any problems. Not that I have a regular place to recommend. I'll probably have my kids hair cut next time we go up to visit my parents, which is the coward's way out but I'm getting tired of being unhappy at salons here.