Kinship. Families caring for families childrens

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lindaalves3, May 12, 2011.

1. lindaalves3

lindaalves3 Guest

I have custody of 4 grandchildren. I have read all over this has become a growing population. There is very little assistance available. This is fine if you have one or two but multiples can be a financial task. If you want to provide any quality of life for this children that have already had many set backs. I have created a petition on the petition site or care 2. there use to be subsidized guardianship payments. Due to our budget crisis this was cut. If the Kin can no longer carry the financial cost and they return to a foster home the children will then will receive assistance, If they are returned back to their natural parent they an receive assistance. But if you are Kin and decide to do the right thing.Forget it. Somethings these children qualify for are on a child only grant. But to some of these families food stamps alone would make a huge difference. Find this petition and please sign I need 1000 signatures. Maybe you have advise or grants or other assistance you can provide.

2. TVfan

TVfan Active Member

Have you ever gone on the ePass website to see what programs you may be eligible for?

ePass stands for electronic pre-assessment screening service and once you put in the info it asks for it will tell you if your household is potentially eligible for any benefits or services offered by NC DHHS.

Here is the link: https://epass.nc.gov/ePASS/cw/PlayerPage.do?

3. lindaalves3

lindaalves3 Guest

Kinship assistance

Yes I have applied for everything. I make too much. They look at our net income.