KMart has Layaway

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by stonecold, Oct 18, 2008.

1. stonecold

stonecold Guest

I saw commercials yesterday that K-Mart has layaway. I used to love Wal-Mart at Christmas for that reason. Then they stopped it in favor of the Wal-Mart MasterCard. Bad move on their part considering the economy. As much as I avoid it, hats off to K-Mart they did the right thing.:cheers:

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I saw that too. Kudos to them for realizing that not everyone has pockets full of money to pull out at Christmas and some of us have to start early!

I'm like you, I hate K-mart and haven't been in there for over a year but I may have to give them another try.

Wonder how long it will be before Walmart follows suit?

3. my4kiddies

my4kiddies Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. j*j*s*mom

j*j*s*mom Well-Known Member

I also hate Kmart, usually very limited selections and good luck finding someone to help you but I went just for the reason of layaway. I did find alot for the kids, but not everything, but at least a good start.

5. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I've been on the weekends and on the weekdays and going on the weekdays is wonderful. My experience is the employees have been helpful (ok, they are hard to find, but have been nice), and now that they have lay-away, it's a great way to hide Christmas presents from the kiddos.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Great that K-Mart has lay-away...too bad there is nothing in there to lay-away. :cry:

7. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I notice their toys are a lil more on the expensive side.

8. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

I was there Kmart in Garner on Sunday. First time in forever ! I used the Layaway. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the store was and how helpful the employees were. (and was not busy at all ! )
    With the Economy the way it is, more peeps will want to use Layaway and maybe Walmart and the others will follow suit. If not, their loss.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I just called Walmarts grin in Clayton just to see, ya never know... The man said that he beleives the change to no layaway s was permanent.