Kobe's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Jan 31, 2012.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I know in previous posts that Kobe's in Clayton last year was getting bad raps by everyone for their service. Question: How is the Kobe's in Clayton or Smithfield doing, or is it better to eat at the Japanese place up in White Oak? Thanks!!!

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

never had bad service there but then again 99% of the time I'm sitting at the sushi bar.

3. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i have never had any issues and actually like it better then kaze at white oak

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My niece and I used to go for lunch when we both had a weekday off. It was our little tradition. She and I are both very frugal and always get whatever the special in that is listed on the board as you walk in. It's usually about $1 off regular price...not a lot but it helps decide what to get (because it's all pretty tasty). Last time we went (about 2 yrs ago), we both ordered the special which was Hibachi Chicken and we also got an app to share. Food was good, service not so much but not horrible. We got the bill and noticed we had been charged regular price for both of our meals. We decided to just point it out when we went up to check out. No biggie. When we did, we were told that "it was yesterday's special" and it had not been erased. It was around 1 pm at this point. I asked her was $2 worth losing business over and she ignored me and rang us up for regular price. I let her know that although I enjoyed their food and hubby and I ate there about once a month in addition to the lunch tradition that we would not be back.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

thank you for the comments, still trying to decide to go there. We always liked it but had not been there is a long time and then i heard all the stories of customer service and was getting leary.

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH & I go to the Kobes in Clayton frequently and have always had good service and good food. I dont really like Kaze..