Kong Toys

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by poptart4breakfast, Jan 25, 2010.

1. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if it is true that the dog kong toys are supposed to be indestructable and will be replaced if your dog chews them up? My dog chewed up the pull toy and I didn't know if I could take it back to Petsmart and get a new one for free. Thanks!

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We have a chocolate lab and the only Kong toy he couldn't chew up was the ball. We had to take the other toys away from him because if left to chew on, he was able to pull off little bits and pieces. We didn't take them back but just play with him and put them away when we are done. We tried some other brands and they were even worse.

3. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

I bought another kind of toy from Petsmart and the AB chewed through it within 10 minutes. I took it back and exchanged for an extreme kong(the black one) and haven't had issues with it. No questions asked. I would imagine they would take it back if it didn't live up to what it said it would.

4. ckjj01

ckjj01 Guest

I used to work for Petsmart and I know for a fact that anything that you purchase from there can be taken back for any reason. We had a lot of returns on toys and we did those no questions asked. I can say from experience that the black kongs were pretty much indistructable. Good Luck.

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Our Kong toys are red...is that the problem?

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I have not found one yet that my Rottie can not tear to shreds. Might take him a few days on the really big ones but they do not last for him very long.

7. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

This was the kong pull toy. My dog chewed through the connector piece so now it is in two pieces. Thanks for the feedback, I am going to try and exchange it for a black kong!