Kudos to Garner FD

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, I just have to give credit where credit is due. Yesterday we were at an Upwards Soccer game in Garner. A fire truck came by and watched the game as well. I took 2 of my kids over there and was planning on just viewing from a far. Nope. Walter(gosh, I think that was his name but not sure) invited us INTO the truck! Yep. Explained things and let the 2 explore the truck. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to you but trust me, to my two kids, it meant the world. One is deaf, autistic and a few other dx's. He loves things like fire trucks and trains. So, for him, this was just thrilling. He was jumping the whole way back to our chairs just b/c he was so stinking happy. I just have to say THANK YOU to the Garner Fire Department for taking the time to talk to my kids when you didn't have to. Says a lot about their character. It really does. I think it was Engine #3 but don't quote me on that one. Thanks again for caring.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I also had a great experience with the guys from that Engine. I was at the scene of an accident (I was not involved, but had stopped to help) and they were very good with the little girl that was there and had been injured. They seem like a quality group! :cheers:

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Well this started out very interesting, but quickly fizzled,,

4. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

:lol: Yeah, I didn't get any numbers that night so no good stories. Sorry Buzz.

5. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

It is nice to know there are good people in the world. Some days I truly wonder if any are left and then there is a story like this. Thanks for sharing!!

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Some days, good people are few and far between!

7. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I used to be a EMT. Anytime we were hanging out at the station, we would welcome any kids who wanted to to see the ambulances and show them some of the equipment. They just had to understand that if we got a call, we'd have to leave immediately. When my kids were younger, I stopped by fire stations now and then and they were invited to see the trucks. If you ever feel the need to see ambulances or fire truck, drop by the stations. If there's someone there who's not busy with something vital, I'm sure they would give your kids their "fix" with a smile. There are some great folks in emergency services.