Kudos to The Clubhouse

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 10, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

FInally have a minute to post this - been a crazy busy week so far. Just wanted to let everyone know how great the Clubhouse was to us and thank them so much for coming through for us. Last Friday nite was DIL's 30th birthday and we had planned an outside party for her, her friends, our friends and family. Well leave it to Mother Nature to decide to be 28 degrees that night so at the last minute and i mean the last minute, Thursday to be exact i asked LeeAnn if there was any way possible to reserve tables for Friday nite at 7pm and totally expected a no as Friday nite is always slammed up there with waiting lines to eat. But amazingly she did it for us and it was a great night, we actually filled the long table she held and a few booths on top of it and everyone had a great time, the food was great, and the service was awesome:hurray::hurray::hurray:

On another note, I was very disappointed in CDH. Some of us left the Clubhouse and went to have an after dinner drink and i witnessed something up to this time i had only heard about and never seen for myself. I was totally surprised by the manager that night when he told an outright lie to his father and refused to allow a very sober and nice guy to stay in the restaurant due to a previous disagreement said Mgr had had with the patron. i was very proud of the said patron as he very calmly questioned it and the son got bent out of shape to point of telling a point blank lie and raising his voice basically acting extremely childish. No, there was no big drama or show to see or anything as the group left without causing any trouble but having been a longtime patron and supporter of CDH i was very disturbed to have to come to believe that all the stories i had been told in the past about this manager were true:cry: i have always defended him when i heard others talk about him but now i can no longer do that and it saddens me. Some people are born to manage and some are not. Successful managers would never behave in such an unprofessional manner and through his words let people know how much he hates his job and having to deal with people, both patrons and staff. So very sad.

2. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Go back to the House ! You can smoke there :) lol

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol: yeah, what happened to getting a Friday night thing organized at everyone's house?:cheers:

4. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

I know ! We need to talk to Kittycat bout that !

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

:cheers:8)

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey i am not afraid to admit i was wrong and in this circumstance i was wrong about him, guess i had to see it in person to see the truth - shoulda listened to ya i guess:oops:

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks Mafiaman, DH says i am too trusting and gullible when it comes to how people really are. Thanks for reinforcing my belief to always give everyone the benefit of the doubt until i am proven wrong:grouphug:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey all, just wanted to let ya know, this year the Clubhouse is doing St Paddy's day twice, once on Sat w/DJ and on Wed, the actual day. The only difference from what i understand is the DJ, both nights will be the free food, specials on drinks, etc. www.clubhouse4042.com We have been several years and it is always a good time:cheers:

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'll be there St Pats Day, its my bday and hubby wants corned beef and hash (yuck). This way i dont have to cook and he gets his dinner!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, we probably will be too, ask one of the bartenders to point me out to ya and come say "hi":cheers:

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Honestly never heard of the corned beef and hash meal for St. Patrick's day.

But I do love me some corned beef and cabbage.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/160319/st_patricks_day_traditions_customs.html?cat=22

BTW...I always take a half day to start the celebrations early. If the holiday falls on a work day.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Just got my Corned Beef and Cabbage at the store. Can't wait till the weekend.

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Stupid me! Dont know why I wrote hash, meant cabbage!!! Duh

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

anyone know of a good Irish dessert? Newly married ones having first dinner at their house and she is cooking, being from Chicago she is all about St Paddy's Day but i wanted to fix a dessert to take, any suggestions?

15. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

A 12 pack of Harp.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::cheers:

17. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Grasshopper Bars

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons water
    1 egg
    Frosting
    3 cups powdered sugar
    1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    2 tablespoons milk
    1/4 teaspoon mint extract
    3 to 4 drops green food color
    Glaze
    1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
    1 tablespoon butter

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
    2. In large bowl, stir all Bar ingredients until soft dough forms. Press into pan; bake 15 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes.
    3. In large bowl, stir all Frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over bars.
    4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave all Glaze ingredients on High 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.

OR

Irish Cream Brownies

1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup baking cocoa
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 egg whites or 1/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
    2 tablespoons corn syrup
    1 tablespoon light Irish cream liqueur
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    Topping
    1/4 cup powdered sugar
    1 tablespoon light Irish cream liqueur
    1 cup frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping
    1 tablespoon miniature chocolate chips, chopped

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray square pan, 8x8x2 inches, with cooking spray.
    2. Mix granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside. Mix remaining brownie ingredients in small bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spread evenly in pan.
    3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool at least 30 minutes on wire rack.
    4. Mix powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon liqueur in small bowl. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

mmmmm, they sound good, thanks Jean

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member