La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

La Piazza Italian Restaurant is open now, in the new Lowe's Foods Shopping Center, the phone number is 662-5007, noticed that yesterday when I went to grocery, meant to post.

isn't this the 2 Cousins folks someone was speaking of?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

It's open? I noticed the sign up, but it looked like they were still working in there, but I didn't go up to the door. I've been waiting patiently, and yes, it's owned by the 2 cousins people...

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Really, it's open?? I'll confirm with my secret source shortly. ;)

4. KellBell

They have a big white banner tacked up across front says NOW OPEN and an OPEN sign in the window, and the phone number posted too....so I think its OPEN! I can't wait to try it out myself!

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Please keep us posted...I was just at Lowes today and didn't see it, but that was this morning. I know the nail place right next to them has a big sign up saying open, and has been for a while. I'm definitely curious, because we've been dying to go there!

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Just checked with my very reliable source and it is a NEGATIVE, they are not open and will not be open until after Christmas.

7. KellBell

ok, just got off the phone with someone at the Angier store, and he said they tried to open yesterday and twice before, but little things (passing inspection of some sort) keep holding them back. He said they are shooting for shortly after Christmas.....sorry for posting the worng information and getting your hopes up.:cry:

but at least I wasn't completely wrong, they did have the open sign in the window yesterday, so I don't feel too retarded. :mrgreen:

8. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

You retarded....naaahhhh :)

9. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

No opening until after the New Year. Waiting on last minutes things. They probably were checking everything out & left the sign on b/c the power was just turned on.

I can assure you that it does not open until after the New Year

10. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I think I will stick with some real italian food. I love Marco's on 40/42. I don't think I will even try it. The owners have always been rude to me at the other location on 210.

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting patiently for this to open...Looked like a food delivery truck there Monday when I drove by.

12. KellBell

I will check out the status today when I hit Lowe's....I am ready and I hope it'll be a decent place for date night. :mrgreen:

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You must be Marco's #1 fan! ;)

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

15. emmalu

emmalu Active Member

Does anyone know if the new Italian place in Clayton has opened? I think it's called Mulberry on Main. I'm having such a craving for penne ala vodka. I hope it's on their menu.

16. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Hey, if these folks can't even spell PIZZA correctly, I don't expect them to cook one very well.:mrgreen:

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Anybody ever been to that mexican restaurant in Smithfield, La Concina (or something like that)? It's in the shopping center where Walmart is on Brightleaf. I've been wanting to try it if it's good.

18. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

the meaning of the name of the restaurant is the gathering place (LaPiazza)
    They know how to spell very well.
    It is slated to open on Sunday the 6th

the correct phone number is 662-5007

The other number & information posted in original post is that of Cindy's nail salon which is next door. They are still waiting for their sign & with their drapes it looks like something other than what it is.
    (just trying to correct the misinformation that was posted by others)

19. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I saw yesterday that this place had an open sign. It looked nice inside. Anyone been yet?

20. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

It's La Cocina and it's a chain of the one next to Dollar General on Highway 70 in Clayton. I haven't been to the one in Smithfield much, but the one in Clayton is FANTABULOUS!!!!