land on 50 near 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by esther, May 21, 2014.

1. esther

esther Active Member

does anyone know why all the land was cleared across from Lowes food store on 50, behind McCracken storage tanks ??

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I think there is a sign showing a shopping center. I had heard rumor of a Target. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

3. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

Land on 42/50 across from Lowes and Wellsfargo

It is going to be another Sheetz. They are streamlining all of 42 for business. I heard that from the bank. I just want a Fish and Chips shop. We seem to get all this other stuff. But with all the people here I wish I could a Sea Food place like Long Johns or Captain D's ect. Hope this gives you the answer you were looking for.

4. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

Timber was sold off. No signs about any stores or development. As far as I know land is still owned by family. Sheetz might be going in across 42. OP was referrring to all the land across HWY 50.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

talking about fish and chips made me think of my childhood when we would get arthur treacher fish and chips

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Timber being cleared on southeast corenr of 50/42 is just timber, maybe expand the farm land.

Sheetz is going on northwest corner of 50/42. Not fina,l waiting on soil tests and closing on property if soil is ok.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Long John's/Capt D's? That's your idea of seafood? Is Red Lobster upscale seafood dining ?

/barf

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

After reading this Thread yesterday I went to a pub in downtown Durham for dinner and enjoyed the fish and chips.

Sherry

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I don't blame you! I'm in the mood myself, but not for garbage fast food.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Nah, none of that fast food stuff, especially for fish and chips.

Sherry

11. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Food snobs! :jester:

12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

James Joyces? Their Irish Sodabread stew is to DIE for.

13. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Oh say it isn't so, how many of them do we need? It's getting ridiculous all the land that's being wasted on gas pumps and horrible food.

14. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

Any news other than the rumored Sheetz?

15. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Today, an employee at Chik-fil-a at White Oak, told me that I could soon dine at the new store at 42 and 50 across from Lowes. She said that's what management had told her. Time will tell.

16. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

If that's true, I'll be camping out the night before the grand opening. ;)

17. lucky*p

lucky*p Member

ME TOO!!!

18. jonathan

jonathan Member

The chick fil a is tentatively set to open in February 2016. I was told it has been given a store number so it is going to happen.

19. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Would love a target down here, as much as they are putting them in W. Cary now (2 and counting).

20. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I'm not usually a food snob. I eat at McD's, Wendy's, etc...but I have to draw the line with cheap "seafood." Rumor is it isn't even real fish at Long John Silver. lol