Lawnmower repair service needed!! Help please!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Joywinston, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Joywinston

Joywinston Member

I'm new here, so not sure where to post this but we are in need of lawnmower service repair, mostly tune-up, oil change, blade repair. Does anyone know of someone that comes recommended on stuff like this?? I look forward to seeing any replies, TIA!!
    :cheers:

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

3. shawk22

shawk22 Well-Known Member

I've been using these folks for years. Family-owned and first-class knowledge. Very good prices as well.

GRIFFS SMALL ENGINE LLC
    380 Watkins Road
    Clayton, NC 27520
    P: 919-989-4875
    F: 919-989-1875
    E: E-mail ยป
    REPAIRS, SERVICE & SALES for all types of lawn equipment, generators, chainsaws, tillers and other small engines used in either residential or commercial applications. We specialize in repairing and performing maintenance on all makes and models of mowers and lawn equipment.

Our commitment has always been to provide you with fast, cost effective and honest, service & repair work. A commitment we take seriously.

** Now carrying Country Clipper Residential and Commercial Zero-Turn Mowers and Maruyama Premium Outdoor Power Equipment **

We have a large inventory of parts in stock so we can service your equipment without delay or extra cost. On display, we have new generators, chainsaws, trimmers, ATV's and more. We also carry a large inventory of used equipment, all at greatly discounted prices. If you don't find what you are looking for ask for Jeff, he can order various new equipment and have it available in days.

Griff's Small Engine is located in the Cleveland area of Johnston County at 380 Watkins Road (betwween Cornwallis and Barber Mill Roads off Cleveland Road) Clayton NC, 27520

Phone: (919) 989-4875

4. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

GRIFFS SMALL ENGINE LLC

I 2nd.

5. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Do not use them unless you have deep pockets!!!!!!!!!!He picked up our riding mower 4 times last year. My husband kept telling him what the manual said about recommending belts. Griff insisted it did not matter which belt was used. After he replaced 4 or 5 belts my nephew got the recommended belt and put it on. You guessed it, we had no more trouble with the belt coming off. All this and he charged us over $500 for a minor repair and service. Like I say, if you have deep pockets, then Griff is the man to use! This was our experience with him after he was highly recommended. Pat

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with a fuel filter (one of the many things he replaced during a maintenance visit). Griff said it didn't matter which one he used, but when I got on a certain incline the engine would cut off. I replaced the filter with the one the manual recommends and no more problems.

His prices are high as well.

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Surf N Turf in Selma. They are honest, experienced, and really nice folks (family owned and run).

Surf & Turf
    115 East Anderson Street
    Selma, NC 27576

http://surfnturfselma.com/

"Our parts department includes Briggs & Stratton, Cub Cadet, MTD, Snapper, Stihl, AYP, Murray , Dixon, Kohler, Tecumseh, Poulan, BRP/Johnson/Evinrude, Kawasaki, and Oregon products."

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I've had probs with cost, and with amount of time it took, from Griffs ... but I don't know where else to suggest for ya.

9. countrydan

countrydan Well-Known Member

Hudson''s is a mystery

Funny thing, I have been to Hudson's and had wonderful, friendly service except in the lawn mower department. I have met cocky, unfriendly people who talk down to you on several occasions. Then I took a friend there and they bent over backwards to help him. Maybe they just don't like me:?

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

they friends of your wife over there

11. adavisus

adavisus Member

Brace yourself for all manner of extra unwanted costs from Griffs.

I'd sooner go into Hudsons, pick up parts and do most repairs myself

Regards, andy

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That was tacky and uncalled for.

13. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. Joywinston

Joywinston Member

Thanks all...looks like I'll give Hudson a try. We don't have the time to fix it ourselves, rather pay someone ;) Thanks so much!!

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

well thats your assumption, it may just be that Dan has a bit of a sense of humor and had a lil chuckle with it, and if not he can feel free to call me out on it.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I agree that Griff's is high dollar. Hubby took our mower there for a tune up and it cost over $150. Seemed high to me.

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

DH took our weed-eater to Griff about 8ish years ago. It was brand new...we had used it once. Hubby somehow hit the trigger and broke it off. It never ran again after he got hold of it.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's not an assumption, that would be a fact.

19. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Jimmy Franks, 291-8209 off Sauls Rd. A good honest man who knows all about lawnmower repairs and small engine repairs. He even does some lawn maintenance.

20. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    Took ours there and cost almost $500 plus I think the lady there is rude. She was talking on the phone the whole time I was there and acted like I was bothering her. Then not even a thank you or have a nice day. Won't be going back there.