LCD Tv's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wolfcub, Dec 28, 2010.

1. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

I am looking at getting a 55" LCD and have narrowed it down to Sony or Samsung.

Both the Sony Bravia 500 Series and the Samsung 630 Series have really good reviews. Does anyone actually have one of these two tv's? I found two reviews for the Sony that said after 14 months it crapped out and Sonys assistance was less than assistive and was wondering if anyoine else has had this issue or knowledge of Sony products reliability.

As for the Samsung, the only real issue was glare in a well lit room. Our LR is not real bright unless we open the curtains all the way but was just wondering is anyone has any experience on this?

Thank you.

2. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung and love it dearly. I've had it 2 years, I have solar film on the windows so I don't notice the glare..... Fantastic picture>>>>

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am on my second Bravia TV (although not the particular models you have) and both of them have performed perfectly, the 700 series we now have have full internet capabilities, which was great with the cut off of Direct TV.

Note: The first is now in the bed room.

4. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Amazon has the VIZIO E550VL 55-inch Full HD 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV on sale for $898 right now, with free delivery and no tax. Good reviews, and I love their delivery. Someone will come to your house, take it out of the packing, and place it wherever you want it. They won't do the connections, but it's still awesome, and you know the TV is perfect. Oh, and they'll schedule delivery, so you can choose an evening or whatever works for you.

5. Ridge

Ridge Active Member

I have a 52" Samsung... Love it... Great Picture, and no problems...

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What did you end up buying.
    Unfortunately our TV (it's about 5 hundred years old) is crapping out and I'll HAVE to buy one by the weekend I'm sure. :cry::cry:

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We have 2 Sony Bravia's - haven't had any problems with either of them. One of them is a 50something " and the other one is smaller, in the bedroom.

HG - check w/ HHGregg - we got ours there and had free financing for 2 yrs, just paid it off this Dec! :)

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We bought our 73" Mitsubishi there the same way. I like them, they negotiate. Yeah...........I should have gotten the big one, LOL. :jester:

9. harleygirl

Looking at Amazon now, DH on his computer and I'm on mine to find the best DEAL. :lol:

HHGregg & Best Buy are the same price $1399.99 FOR A TV??? I'm gonna have a heart attack.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If you can possibly wait a few weeks, the stores all have BIG sales on TVs the week before the Super Bowl. If you can't wait, at least save your sales receipt and get the price adjusted if the TV you buy goes on sale then.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Craigslist if you don't wanna go with a new one.:jester:

12. harleygirl

DING DING DING!!!

THANKS for the heads up!!

KDC - NO :lol:

13. harleygirl

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

^^That is a good idea. HG, I have a Sam's card if you want. The boys are camping this weekend, so I'm free Sat during the day or Fri night.

You can also look their stuff up online and you should be able to tell if it is in stock.

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

17. harleygirl

Amazon.com has a Samsung LN55C650 55" I get free shipping (thank god) for $1399 :?:ack::ack:

Our last TV (the one that's dying and weighs 500lbs) we bought new for $1k and I thought I'd die then.

Oh god, DH has the tape measure out. LMAO

4:16pm...
    I'm gonna kill someone!!!

Direct TV - the promo I signed up for INCLUDED a FREE HD DVR Receiver, we didn't HAVE an HDTV at the time "Bobby" said we could upgrade for FREE at anytime. Called today we can't. We need to PAY $199 for it??? I don't thank so. I get VERY ugly on the phone and DH called (he's better at this crap than I am) go nowhere. I can't WAIT to be out of contract and I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SIGN A CONTRACT AGAIN.

<beer me>

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Both of mine were free, but Marriott owns your soul in order for you to get them. :neutral:

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

HG,

You and hubby have seen the one in our den, if you remember, and it was a great price. Not all the bells and whistles but it has a DVD and VHS player on it. It's a Toshiba and I can measure it if hubby wants me to.

Sherry

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i've got a BJ's card too if you find something there you like. You know we went from that monster tv that took up half the room and downsized to an hdtv flat screen and absolutely love it. The screen does not have to be as big as the picture is so much better.