Learning the hard way

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Went out to dinner with a friend. Afterwards we ran over to the Wal-mart on 70 in Clayton. We walked in on the grocery side. I see a flower wreath with someones picture in it. I walk over and realize that it's my neighbors picture. I want to say that I had just seen his dogs out yesterday (possibly the day before). And I had just spoken to him late last week asking him how he was doing, and he had replied he was doing fine.

I know last year he had open heart surgery and a few months back his doctor had cleared him to go back to work part time.

I know a person who works there and asked her if she had any news about it. Like when he passed away or how he passed away. She said they really didn't know much other than some one had gone over to his house and he was dead. And living right next door I had not seen any unusual activity there.

You know there are times when you wish you could just have one last time to say thanks and good bye.

I know he will never get to see this but at least I know this will be out in cyber space long after I am even gone.

Thanks Sonny and I wish you the best.

Bob

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I'm sorry the loss of your neighbor and friend Rocky! You just never know when someone will be called Home. Hope you are doing okay tonight and his family as well. I will keep you all in my prayers!

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I am sorry you had to find out that way and sorry for your loss. I was at the store on Monday and noticed the wreath on the GM side, also. Thought it was a very nice way for the store to remember him, though. :grouphug:

4. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Awww, that makes me so sad!!! He was my favorite employee there and a great greeter. RIP Sonny!! :cry:

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Just got home and as I was getting my backpack out of the car I saw his daughters (I assume it was her) car drive down the driveway and away. I didn't even have a chance to give her my condolences or ask when/where the funeral was going to be.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

google his name - sometimes you find it like that. had a friend in VA that died and I found it that way.

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

+1