Liberty Tax place

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Feb 16, 2013.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Has anyone used them? If so, were you pleased (or not) with their work? TIA!

2. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

turbo Tax online is super easy.

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We use TaxAct - Federal taxes are free, and state taxes are $14.95. That was the cost last year; we haven't done this year's yet, so we are not sure of the cost. Probably the same, or perhaps a bit more.:) We itemize, and have had complicated paperwork, so we think this is a good price!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Tammy Riddle at H & R Block at 42 (in front of the Walmart, near La Fiesta restaurant) has done our taxes for years and we have been extremely pleased with her.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

No, but that green statue of Liberty thing that stands on the road waving gives me the willies.

6. bandmom

I was asking for a friend who has some investment accts for the first this yr - and she's thinking of using them - but I suggested H&R block - so was just looking for some feedback - Thanks!

7. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

If I were looking for an accountant or tax person in the Cleveland area, there would be only one choice:

Pittman Accounting & Tax Service
    Frank Pittman
    Cleveland Executive Center
    109 Professional Ct; Suite# 107
    Garner, NC 27529

919-771-1386
    http://www.patscpa.com
    Email: pats0415@sbcglobal.net

8. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

We use freetaxusa.com because it is incredibly easy and federal is free. State is 9.95. (It can be more if you order printed copies, but we always download and print the pdf file for state and federal. It only took one week to get our NC refund this year and federal should arrive any day.

We itemize and, in the past, had to fill out some additional forms for various reasons.

9. bandmom

Can it be used if you own rental property?

10. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Yes

Strongly recommend Frank Pittman. Great service.

11. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

12. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I haven't used them, but I heard to STAY AWAY. I do like the Statue of Liberty people that wave at us though. Entertaining!

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Having had to battle with NC DOR and IRS, no tax program would have been able to do what had to be done, to stand behind it, and to keep fighting the fight.

Without Julie, we'd have lost it all.

Without hesitation, we recommend
    Julie Stewart, CPA,
    400 S. Roberson, Clayton, NC West of CHS
    919-550-7053

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OP, you get what you pay for. Your tax information is highly personal. There is no way in hell in today's day and age I'd turn that over to some place like Liberty or those booths in Walmart. You have no idea who those people are or what they are going to do with your information. Some of those places have been busted for allowing identity theft. Either do it yourself or get someone professional to do it in my opinion.