Library book return policy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Jul 5, 2010.

1. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I borrowed books from the JoCo library in Smithfield. Can I return them to the Clayton JoCo library?

Thx.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Not sure about that, but I think you can get an extension on your books (before the due date) using their website and this might give you an opportunity to get them back to the Smithfield library.

3. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Just think, if you live in Cleveland and use the local library-not so much driving.

Cleveland has Interlibrary arrangements, which bring books from all over the country. I encourage Cleveland residents to work to develop the Cleveland Library. Our acquisition team saved local taxpayers $3.5 million. Our graduate librarian is working on the childrens' library and has 14,000 books on the shelves. Elizabeth has 7,500 books, maximum shelf capacity in our beach reading room. It has more movies than three county library systems in N.C. It has 100,000 books on property and is preparing and shelving 102 books every 9 volunteer hours. We hope to open the 9-12,000 book adult fiction room this month. Sears is supposed to repair the air conditioner tomorrow-oops later today. The new door is here, the foam insulation and sheet rock are waiting, the shelves are built, the desk is sitting here and the electrician is waiting.

4. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Yes you can ... we do it quite often for my

DD because she can never find a complete series of books @ Clayton so we end up getting partial of it in S.F and all that kinda runnin around...

5. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

You can get books from any library in the system sent to Clayton for pick up, so I imagine you can take them back wherever you want.

Unfortunately, it's probably best to call them.

6. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Yes, you can return books to any branch but movies have to go back to the branch they were checked out from...At least that is what we've been told in the past and what we have done.