Lil Joeys Closing...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

FYI, looks like some good deals on kids stuff.

2. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

this is sad...i liked that store...and I don't like when local small businesses fail...bummer

3. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

Not surprised by this at all. I had a bad experience with this place when trying to sell items to them for resale. Poor business practices were evident.

4. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Saturday hours?

Does anyone know what their Saturday hours are??

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting this thread. I had the chance to go today. VERY great deals & when you're clothing 7 (soon to be 10), you find deals whenever you can. LOL. shoes are just a $1 and $2. Their Holiday clothing is 75% off. All other clothing and items are 60%. there was something for everyone for sure. We did really well. They are open 11 to 5 W/ Th/ F that I know of. I know they reduced their hours as they're moving to a new location near Morgan's Gymnastics.

Stephanie--mom to 7

6. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

So then they aren't closing they are just relocating?

7. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

The business, from what I understand, has 1 primary owner now, which seems like that was the problem previously because 2 many people had their hands in the cookie jar, so to speak. Give it a few weeks I think and it will be open again, at a better location too. That location its at now sucks ! I have been getting my sons clothes there from time to time since day one. Good Luck and see you at the new spot !

8. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

I sure hope they will start to take in only things that are in good condition. I have been in there a few times and every time I have there was nothing in there but junk. Nasty dirty old worn out clothing. This is why most consignment stores don't last. Reminded me of the Kids Exchange nothing but crap.

The owner should go to Buttons and Bows in garner and take a look at her store. Great store, great clothing and great prices.

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Is it too late to blame Wal-Mart for this too?

10. me&them

Maybe not since you can go to Wal-Mart and buy a brand new outfit for the price you'll pay for an old worn out one there.

11. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

They are relocating due to an increase in their rent, that is all.

12. me&them

Craigslist Ad

Sounds to me like there done for.

13. drewzy101

drewzy101 New Member

I know that the location that is open right now is closing. There is going to be a new location with new owner by Morgans Gymnastics and Nicole's Closet.

14. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Lil Joeys is open ! Next to Morgans gymnastics. And not to mention that they do not sell crap. The owner inspects all clothing for re-sale. I know everyone is able to make their own opinions of businesses, but why not keep it to yourself if its so negative! That is exactly why businesses fail in many situations because of bad mouthing and one persons opinion does not constitute what they may or may not be worthy of.
    Sorry, but this has struck a nerve. Yeah yeah, again, I know this is an open forum, but guys, times are tough and we need to try to applaud local businesses like this ! This lady is a single mother of 3 busting her *** to make a living and home for her children.
    So theres my opinion and a positive one at that. I would never make a negative comment about a business trying to make it in todays society !
    You go lil joeys !!!!