Lion Spring Senior Housing

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Jan 12, 2010.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Does anybody have any information on the new facility being built in Clayton? I believe it is for seniors and the name is Lion Spring. Thank You, Pat

2. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

They just started Leasing, at least that is what the sign out front says. Looks like a few residents have moved in. Thats all I know.

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's the new place on Shotwell Road. Don't know much about it but I'll bet you a beer it will be mainly filled with ...northerners... that didn't quite make it to Florida.

You know... a place soz Ma and Pa will be near by :jester:

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Its a Fred Smith development. Bout all i can tell you as well.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are you sure?

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Fred is doing Lionsgate. It is part of Lionsgate.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure I heard it was not affiliated with Lions Gate or Fred. Not positive though.

8. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I also think it's a Fred Smith deal.

His people were out there picking up trash along that stretch of road, once. The rest of that time there's trash all over that road. Not to mention the abandoned dump truck that's been there 5+ years.

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Fred sold this property to the builder. He is not involved.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What type of facility is this exactly? Is it a facility just for healthy seniors, a facility for seniors who need care or a facility for both? We are in dire need of both types of these facilities in our area.

Thanks,
    Sherry

11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

It is a "Senior" apartment complex. 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Not enough parking in my opinion. The developer advised in their other projects like this their tenants use "public transportation". I asked him if he had heard of JCATS, our local public transportation. I understand the 1st tenant is a lady that owns no car. So maybe I will be proven wrong.

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks so much.

Sherry

13. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there are Social Events, or anything like that there ? Or strictly just an apt complex for 55+. Any idea of prices ?