Littering

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Jul 10, 2017.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

The Hwy Patrol and local Police should give tickets for littering. The DOT needs to mow sides of road. Johnston County is looking bad! I've never seen so much trash. If I didn't already live her this would prevent me from moving here.

bridgett likes this.
  2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

People are very ignorant with that and a lot of parents unfortunately probably are setting a bad example of it themselves.
    It really pisses me off to go to like a grocery store early morning on a week end usually and see someone's Macdonald or Wendy's trash laying there in the parking lot. Ignorant and damn lazy.

bridgett, Auxie, Hught and 1 other person like this.
  3. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

You can stop at the side of a road and pick-up some of the trash. I do. It also gives me some extra exercise.

Sherry A., cynadon and Hught like this.
  4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

We could eliminate a lot of the trash if there was some type of law requiring the garbage companies to keep their openings closed when not in use! Can't tell you how many times I've watched crap blowing out of them while driving down Josephine Rd.

bridgett likes this.
  5. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

There is, its called the uncovered load law. If you catch the company logo/name on the truck, call the HP or JCSO and file a complaint. They do ticket for it, and if they get enough complaints about specific companies, they really start watching them.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

Yeah, while driving behind them video them.

7. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

call DOT heavy truck police. They will ticket you for any and everything. My buddy got a warning ticket for a "wide load" sign that was a half inch too short. The sign was purchased from a major local heavy equipment dealer and had DOT printed on the back

8. BuzzMyMonkey

Yes they will always find something more times than not if they are hell bent on finding something.

cynadon likes this.
  9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The local dump (Sampson County) will fine you if you are not covered.

10. ricks99

ricks99 Well-Known Member

11. ruserious

ruserious Active Member

I've not seen anywhere in the US as a whole that has more of a litter problem. I would say it is slightly cleaner than Chennai India though. We used to be able to get some of the road crews assigned for community service or the local jail, not sure. But now they won't even do it b/c people fail to reduce speed apparently. I have cleaned roads around here for years, but really not sure why it is so bad compared to any other state. Would love to see some fines or even better some community service picking up trash handed out to those that ruin the area.

Auxie and pcroom like this.
  12. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I would but I'm in a wheelchair! I have ALS.

13. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

We could start cleaning up by getting rid of the "adopt a highway" signs. I live on a dead end road with a "T" intersection in the middle. Got Adopt A Highway signs on both roads. One family hain't picked up trash since the sign was installed. The other, I saw one time after the sign. I maintain about 3/8 of a mile in front of my place. We pick up trash and mow it all twice a week.

Auxie and pcroom like this.