load boom

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Jul 18, 2014.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

anyone hear a large ground shacking boom in 42/50 area around 8;15 or so?

2. bridgett

bridgett Well-Known Member

Yes! It shook the house.

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

At least 3 really loud explosions/booms at the previous mentiond time last evening. Anyone have any idea where they were? Ft. Bragg maybe?

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Reading on the internet, they had similar booms in PA & MD. both there were thought to be meteors breaking sound barrier on entry. Ours sounded so close i went out to look at A/C units as i thought one must have blown up.

5. aphorista

aphorista Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing some research. My daughter and I were walking in our neighborhood and heard it. We had been hearing some gun shots in the distance so we thought maybe it was a cannon. It shook the house and my husband went outside and checked the heat pumps. We live off of Mt. Pleasant Road.

6. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I had never heard of the stuff until I read recently on a facebook page that some local booms/vibrations have come from folks shooting at tannerite targets.

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I have had the Sheriff's department call me about shooting Tannerite before ... :oops:

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Call you.. Really? Not a visit?

9. Wayne Stollings

Nope, just a call. They may have had prior calls about shots and Tannerite and decided to save time and effort. I think it was some phone company people nearby who were concerned over the noise and smoke. They did not seem to stay long afterward. It was a double dose of Tannerite too. I need to get my stuff together to mix up more. I want to tweek my version to be sensitive enough to use a .22 but not so sensitive as to be a danger.

10. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

What are you shooting it for? Just for kicks or is there an actual purpose?

11. BuzzMyMonkey

just him proving his own manhood. The money he wastes on this could be put to better use helping the children.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If you want a stump removed, use the double dose with an AR or AK = stump goes away! :lol: We blew up the direct TV dish and STILL CANT find the pole that was attached to it! It was AWESOME!!!!

We are .5 miles off the black top and the first time we used it the neighbors all around were calling Mr. _____ (my nearest neighbor) to find out what was going on. :mrgreen:

Be safe with that, even the little one I'm 75-100 yds away! 8)

13. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

and we wonder why everyone thinks we're backwoods in JoCo....:banghead:

14. Wayne Stollings

A little of both, getting rid of some old stuff and in a fun way. Last fall we took out the old jack o' lanterns. Pieces of them landed 15 yards away.

Learned the trick from an old cowhand from Montana, I think, because they blew up the dead horses and cattle to keep the bears from being attracted .... plus it was cooler than anything to vaporize a horse.

15. Wayne Stollings

Not so bad, mine was shot on the border of the RTP .. literally. None of the residuals made it to the park but a couple of pieces came close to leaving the property.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

that's what makes JOCO what it is.. personally I'd rather not see that change drastically

17. Wayne Stollings

Not much waste of money as the homemade stuff is a lot cheaper. :mrgreen:

Better living through chemistry.