local Consignment shop?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Dec 2, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I searched the threads about consignment stores,however I'm looking for one that also sells adult clothing such as jackets etc. I've got two nice leather jackets that I'd like to sell...
    Thanks!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You might have better luck on CL/4042/WRAL classifieds

My girlfriends closet in Apex (lois is the owner) runs a high end consignment shop if you wanna call her first.
    Tell her I send you.

3. AnnetteL

Thanks!
    I might give the classifieds a try too...

4. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

5. AnnetteL

Thanks! I just checked out their website,they actually come to you to pick stuff up,how cool is that!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Pick-up is great, but the rules suck pretty bad for the sellers. She gets to pick all prices and then gets to donate anything left after 60-90 without your input on the prices or the option of taking your stuff back? No way! I could live with one or the other, but not both. Plus her cut is pretty darn high at 60%. It's not overall unreasonable, but considering her terms and the implied high risk to the sellers, her cut should be lower.

7. AnnetteL

You got a point,60% is high and not being able to get your stuff is not so good either.

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Around Again is a consignment store across from Triangle Town Centre. They let you pick up unsold items but they set the prices.

9. AnnetteL

Just found out today that 'Fancy that' in downtown Clayton is now also a consignment store.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Did you try the new shop up on 42 where the old party store used to be?

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

What size are your jackets? I may be interested for my daughter.

12. AnnetteL

They are both large even though I usually wear medium,since I wear sweaters underneath the jacket I had to go with large,however they are not very large lg. ;)
    If you like I can send you some pictures.They are both black,one with a zipper the other with button closure,the one with the zipper also comes with a removable liner.

13. AnnetteL

No haven't yet,thanks for letting me know!

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Darn, too small. :boxing:

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

There is a shop at Neuse River Parkway shopping center (Flower's) that takes finer lady clothes on consignment, as well as furnishings, home goods type stuff, etc.

http://www.creightonmanor.com/