Local jeweler to size rings

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Dec 1, 2015.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

i need a good local place to take my wedding and engagement rings to have them made bigger. 2 kids and nothing went back to the way it was when I was 23:)

2. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Sherry A. likes this.
  3. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Jordan's Jewelers 40/42 beside Dominoes.

ginger1989 and Smithers like this.
  4. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Second the recommendation for Jordan's Jewelers. I had them custom make 2 rings last year and was exceptionally happy. Beautiful work and great prices, plus very nice to deal with.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Main Street Jewelers downtown Clayton is very good.

Sherry

6. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Had work done at both places - pleased with both.

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Do either of these places or any others nearby do sizing while you wait? I know there's a place by Triangle mall that does.

8. Tardevil

Not sure about Main St. They resized mine, but I dropped them off.

9. jesse82nc

Their website says 1-3 day turn around. Many times that means they send them somewhere to be done. I never liked a place that did that, especially when dealing with something like a $10k ring.

10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I use Jarods near Southpoint for any work on our scheduled jewelry because not only can they do it while you wait, if you wish, but they have a window from which you can watch them work. Even then they document the stones upon which they are working before taking them in and you get a copy for your records. I do not know if the other locations operate the same or not, or even that the holiday rush does not impact this ability, but it has been my experience for quite some time. I keep a stash of estate jewelry on hand for those occasions where I have forgotten something or she just need to be cheered up and those often require some sizing to suit her tastes. I recently forgot our wedding anniversary (first time in 38 years) and although she understood that I had been quite busy the three pearl ring I had set aside in my stash for the anniversary did not hurt. Since it was a pearl ring the sizing was a little tricky, but they did wonders while we waited on a Sat. afternoon and she looked at other pieces she might like. If you want to grab a bite at PF Changs or a Starbucks, both are convenient walks.

11. Tardevil

They have designers and jewelers on-site. I don't think they contract the work off-site, but I have not confirmed it.

12. jesse82nc

Just wanted to say, that we went to Treasure Isle by Triangle Mall. They resized a platinum ring down half a size in about 45 minutes, cleaned it extremely well also. Cost was $80. Walked around the small shopping center while we waited.

13. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I went to Main St Jewelers, they do it on site but it took a couple days. Both rugs were resized a 1/2 size and cleaned for $60:)

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

We're talking rings here not rugs. Lol

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    jesse82nc likes this.
  15. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

RE: Treasure Isle near Triangle Town, I work near there and have used them for several things...........they are awesome! Fast and cheap and excellent work. I had a gold chain I wanted to have a couple inches taken off of. One jewler in Raleigh kept it for over a week and never did do the work as promised with an attitude to boot. I happened to see this shop and took a chance. They did it on my lunch hour with a smile for something like $15. I have bought a couple pieces from them too and I will probably use them to re-do some white gold for me in the very near future. Their shop at Crabtree has excellent reviews as well.

Not taking away anything at all from Main St Jewlers, here in Clayton. I just happen not to work near them anymore. They also do excellent work if they are more convenient for folks.