local produce stands question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bostonredhead, May 10, 2014.

1. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find fiddleheads ... without having to go up to the farmers market?

2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

What's that?

3. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

I had never heard of them, so I looked it upon the web and can't say that I've ever seen any sold around here. That's not to say they're not available, I just haven't seen any and I go to local produce stands all the time.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband loves them too,I ordered some canned one's for him once but of course they didn't taste as good as the fresh one's.
    You can order some here: http://www.upthecountycreations.com/Canned-and-Frozen_c_18.html
    The type of fern that produces this type of fiddlehead does not grow around here though.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We have bought them at the Harris Teeter stores for the last couple of years. I imagine Whole Foods and Fresh Market may have them. They are only available for a short time. The Kroger on 70 and the one on Six Forks have a lot of interesting produce, they may carry them also.

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting! Do you know if the Harris Teeter in Clayton has them as well?

8. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I tried the Kroger on 70 today - no luck.