Looking for a babysitter...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pbarefoot, Apr 29, 2011.

1. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

Hello:

I am in need of a babysitter. I have used a couple of girls who live in our neighborhood but they both got weekend jobs, so they aren't available much anymore. My husband and I like to go out 1-2 Sat. nights per month. When we do go, it's usually to dinner and then dancing, so sometimes it is very late when we get in (1-2am). So for obvious reasons it's been tough finding someone who will let their daughter stay out that late to babysit. However, we are willing to take her home (I rarely drink and my husband never drinks). We live in Waverly Point (behind the Lowes foods at 42 and 50), so if you know someone please let me know. I can provide references from both babysitters that we are honest, trust-worthy people (we own a business, pay our taxes, go to church, --you get the picture). It's an easy gig because our son is 9 years old and very easy to put to bed, etc. So if you know of someone who wants to get paid to eat our food and watch our TV, please let me know.

Tx!

PB

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Would you consider a male babysitter? I have 2 14 year olds. I don't know if either of them would, I be glad to ask them though.

and we go to church, pay taxes, and all that too. ;-) plus we are right over the lake from you.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Because those of us that don't go to church like to cheat babysitters when we are not stealing candy from toddlers!

Its the truth! Swear to . . . Oh nevermind!

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

pmed ya!

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No, you didn't!

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

There!

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We had the opposite problem when our girls were young and we needed babysitters. We had trouble finding a babysitter who was honest and didn't steal! We had one girl who was a preacher's daughter that babysat for us and another family we knew...and discovered she was stealing jewelry from us both! Luckily I got a couple pieces of it back but not my great grandmother's ring which she had already sold. Trust comes very hard to us now.