Looking for an inexpensive van

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I am trying to help a fabulous lady I met through the Raleigh Rescue Mission get back on her feet. She left an abusive situation in Nevada with plans on coming to Raleigh through Interact. Days before she left Nevada the interact placement fell through--but since she already had the plane tickets she came on to Raleigh. She is now out of the mission but does not have any transportation. She has some tax money back so we are looking for inexpensive RELIABLE transportation. She will need a van because she has 5 kids.

I know you all don't know me but I am not a compassionate person--for the most part I am tired of seeing people be a drain on society and continue to look for handouts. This women really strikes me as different and looks to be trying her best to get on the right track--trust me if I did not see that spark of wanting to be self sufficient I would not be helping her to the extent that I am.

Anyway--if any of you have or know of someone who is looking to sell a minivan cheap please let me know.

2. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We have found all our vans on Ebay. You'd be shocked, especially, the larger vans. Many will go to an auction, pick them up and then sell af ew cars a month on ebay. That is what both the gentleman did that owned the vans we purchased. Auction Direct in Raleigh is also very, very good in prices. Got my husband's car there. For example on ebay, we bought our 2008 van last year in 2009. Hardly any miles on it and was listing just a few months prior for $40K. We picked it up taxes and all for $12K. We love it. State auctions are also a place to find cars. Good luck to her and her family.

Stephanie--mom to 7

4. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

PM me.