looking for community building for a baby shower

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Jul 31, 2012.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a place to host a baby shower. I need to find a place to have it. I'm looking a place in Four Oaks, Smithfield, or Benson. Any suggestions of a community building or something similar. There won't be a lot of people - -just a small event. I don't attend a church on a regular basis so don't want to ask to use the fellowship hall. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Rainbow Lanes Bowling Alley in Clayton has rooms to rent and then ya all can bowl :)))

3. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Find a community park that has shelter & have an outdoor shower ... of course depending the time frame. Right now a bit taddish warm.

A nice little restaurant that may have a conference type room (where they can pull a divider up)

A B&B .. I know there are some around that way - could've swarn I seen them around anyhow

Good luck... think out of the box & you'll find a place.

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Four oaks has the Civitan Building they rent out...
    Ricky Byrd
    919-934-3786 (home)
    919-989-5067 (work)

and here in Benson, the Recreation Dept. has several rooms or shelters they rent...
    Benson Parks Department
    1204 N. Johnson St.
    Benson, NC 27504
    Phone: 919-894-5117

I thought about the aquatic center in Smithfield, but their website says the banquet room is used on weekends for birthday parties. Any other events, you can rent during the week.

5. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all suggestions. I hadn't even thought of doing it at a shelter outside. That's a pretty good idea. If folks bring kids they can play at the park :)