Looking for land...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, May 17, 2012.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I know this is a long shot, but I figured it was worth a try!

My family and I would love some land to build a house on, to give my boys room to play and be boys, and get out of a s/d. We are currently in the West View school district, and would love to stay in this area, would also be willing to be in Cleveland School district.

If anyone knows of anything, please let me know. We are looking for 4+ acres, preferrably just land, but if there's a house we may be able to work with that as well (hubby is a professional remodeler, so it wouldn't be difficult to get it to where we want it, but we'd rather build from ground up). Thanks everyone!

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Realtors seem to know where to find that kind of thing. I'd try one of them. Or perhaps a website devoted to land for sale. Realtor.com only does existing houses.

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Since you don't mind if there is a house on the property, I would definitely try realtor.com. Sometimes there are some shabby houses on beautiful land listed. You just have to do a broad search and make sure you request +4 acres. Good luck!

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Go to forsalebyowner, also you can just search for land on aprils website

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

What's your price range??? :confused:

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am definitely aware of realtor.com and forsalebyowner.com. I was not aware zillow had things for sale (link didnt work so will try to search later). April also knows what I'm looking for.

If its land only, price range is up to $125,000
    With house, depends on the shape of house...

8. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I just sent you a PM with an idea. :)

9. old school

old school Well-Known Member

Good info since everything on this page is either out of the price range or no where near the requested area. :oops:

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

You can easily modify the search. I just did it quick to show that you can search for land on there.

This is filtered for land only, <$125k, >4 acres. It's a map, you can move it around and zoom in if you want to look at other places.

Zillow Map

11. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

I have a friend that has land for sale. cant think of the name of the road but if you head down 50 toward benson you get to don lees make a right then a quick left the property is down on the left. if your interested im me and ill give you the information.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your help so far. Still looking.

Update on what we're looking for: At least 5 acres, up to 15 or 20 (depending on price of course). I REALLY want to stay in Cleveland area, can do either of the 3 elementary schools there. We will also consider Clayton (but I don't know about the schools, so need to look into that). Will not do McGees or Smithfield area though.

Thanks to anyone for your help!!

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Good Luck girl! Everything I've found in the "cleveland" or "clayton" area was way tooooo expensive for the amt of land. I found going towards Harnett Co, Four Oaks or out towards Middlesex (for us) is the best bang for your $$.

I hope you find what you are looking for AND get a good deal on it!!

14. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

That's for sure......there would be a lot more people living on a big piece of land if they could find it in a great price range in this area!! You have to go out to find that kind of land, it won't be in the Cleveland area.

15. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Still looking! Just wanted to bump up and see if anyone else knew of anything.

We are aware of the acreage on cleveland rd, but they are putting commercial properties right in front of it, so thats out. We are currently looking at something in Polenta district, but still looking too. Thanks!

16. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

We are looking too. We've been looking for about a month. We went to see that land on Cleveland Road. It ended up being too good to be true. Like you said, they are building commercial property in front and you have to go through a subdivision to get to the land. Plus, it's entirely wooded.

There is some land on Benson Hardee Road that you might be interested in. It's a little too far away for us. It's about 8 acres for $74,000. We saw the land. You have to drive down a gravel road past a couple of houses. It's very close to that Victoria Pond swimming club.

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean..._27504_M61566-20037?ex=NC553846226&source=web