Looking for new place for eye exam and glasses

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mingomama, Oct 20, 2015.

1. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

I've been going to the same place for years. Recently, they had a complete overhaul (read buyout) buy a large corporation). The place has gone downhill in my opinion. What was a 'warm and fuzzy place that took care of you' has turned into a very pretty place that has lost all its good employees.

So, now, I'm looking for a good eye doctor and place to have glasses made. Due to my prescription, I can't do Zenni. I know there's a new place up by Simple Twist, but I never see anyone in there. Has anyone tried it? Also, what about the place behind Foodlion?

I would prefer to stay local, however will drive to Cary/Raleigh if the business is worth the drive.

I've done the searches on this site. I'm just looking for some fresh input. Thx.

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

The folks by ST are nice, but way expensive. I was unsure as to how well I'd like buying glasses online. Finally took the plunge and got two pairs of prescription lenses with nice frames for what that place charged for one pair. Zenni isn't the only supplier. I shopped around and chose 39dollarglasses.com Rec'd my glasses a week after ordering, which is so much quicker than the optical places here.

Kelyel likes this.
  3. baseballer

baseballer Active Member

Clarity Vision....Clayton...on 42

4. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Johnston Optometric in Fuquay Varina. We've been going there for almost 10 years and have had great care. They also have a location in Garner. A solid family business.

5. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

I took my daughter to Oasis Eyecare off of 42 (one block behind Dairy Queen) for the first time on Friday and they were wonderful!
    Every member of the staff was caring and knowledgeable and overall, I'm really happy about the choice.