Looking someone to remove/replace vinyl lettering on trailer

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by me&them, Feb 24, 2011.

1. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find someone/some place that does this. I have tried to get it off myself but it has been on there so long it's just not happening. I would like to surprise my husband and get his company logo on it. If anyone knows someone that is good and doesn't charge an arm and a leg please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm :allears: on this. The decals on our travel trailer are not weathering well and need to be replaced. They are prohibitively expensive from the dealer!! I would just take them off altogether, but I think it would look nekkid without them, LOL.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I don't know of anyone who will do the job for you, but I would start with a call to an auto-detailer.

The best way I've found to remove vinyl stickers is a hair dryer, some patience and a WD-40 chaser.

The heat helps a lot, oh, and use a cheap plastic putty knife so you don't scratch the paint/ glass. I'll also save wear and tear on your fingernails!

After you remove the decals a little WD-40 and some soak time will take of any residue. A little drug store alcohol cleans up the WD-40.

4. EllieMae

EllieMae Member

Sent Messages