Looking to establish a Clayton Junior Navigators Chapter

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BanjoDan, Jan 21, 2017.

1. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

Just putting some feelers out their for any interested families who would like to see this here. Fairly similar to Cub Scouts in their activities but they are secular, a bit more inclusive and focus more on environmental concerns. Same moral building, learning about and enjoying nature principles, etc.

Hught likes this.
  2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there are enough gay climate change enthusiasts around here but there may be.
    https://navigatorsusa.org/junior-navigators/
    Looks more like brainwashing than scouting to me. A political agenda for children. Really?

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Moral Compass
    As a Navigator, I promise to do my best to create a world free of prejudice and ignorance.
    To treat people of every race, creed, lifestyle and ability with dignity and respect.
    To strengthen my body and improve my mind to reach my full potential.
    To protect our planet and preserve our freedom.

Hught likes this.
  4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

They are a great congregation and 4 Presidents of the United States were Unitarian going back to John Adams.

The Universalism branch merged with the Unitarian branch in late 1960's. A Universalism Chaplan served in George Washington's Army.

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

7. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

I'd be interested, although I have to admit I have never heard of this before your post. I think you'll have a hard time getting traction because of that. You may be better off calling it a Raleigh Chapter and using things like MeetUp.com (if allowed) to get things moving.

BanjoDan and Hught like this.
  8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I know it is a bit of a drive but Raleigh, Durham and Chappell Hill have very large UU congregations and maybe able to give you guidance. My congregation is Fayetteville and we are pretty small.

BanjoDan and poppin cork like this.
  9. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

I had not heard of it either but a friend of mine recently moved to Pittsboro and got his son into a chapter there. They seem to really like it. A drive to Raleigh is not out of reach, but I figured I would start looking close to home first, thanks for the input.

Hught likes this.
  10. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

I see that I forgot the link, thanks for including it. Also, to your post, It seems to me it is the opposite of political, how is being inclusive and wanting to be a better steward of the planet a political position.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017