Looking To Have A Privacy Fence Installed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by TheNewDude, Jul 16, 2010.

1. TheNewDude

TheNewDude Guest

Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any GOOD contractors to install a privacy fence. Any info would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks

NewDude

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I found Seegar's Fence Company out of Johnston County to be the cheapest. Get a few quotes and see. Be wary of companies who install the termination posts and the whole fence in the same day. This will not give the cement time to set up. Seegar's out of Wake County was more expensive.

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I would not suggest Stock's fence department.

4. jenniferu29

jenniferu29 Member

5. shawk22

shawk22 Well-Known Member

I used Fencemasters out of Smithfield. Russ is a local guy and will treat you fairly. A while back when he did my fence, he said to let him know when I needed replacement pickets and he would get them for me at cost. I called a while after to get some and he dropped them off at my house for free. The fence is now 4 years old and looks like new.

6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We're currently getting quotes for a vinyl privacy fence. First quote came in at $5,800. Our lot is only .38 and we're only doing to the back of the house, so I'm certainly hoping we do better than that. Seegars is on our list for quotes. Let me know how you end up, and I'll update as quotes come in. We got quotes last year, and the price seems to have gone up. I guess the economy isn't so bad for some people.

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Wow! We just bought a house with about 1/2 acrea and want to fence with back. Black iron or vinyl are the only this allowed there. I knew it would be $$ but didn't expect $$$$.

Where we live now, we had Seegars fence our back only on 1/2 acer lot about 8 years ago and that was $1150 for regular chain link. They did a great job by the way.

8. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We've now had several companies come out and give us quotes, all for a basic vinyl fence. Seegars came in over $6,000, but the median is about $5,800. Before we pull the trigger, we're going to price out just the fencing at Stock and Lowes to see if we won't be better off paying someone to do the posts and add the fence pieces ourselves.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That's what we did when we installed our privacy fence and we used Anthony at Chores Galore. He did a great job, showed up when he said he would and the price was better than anyone else we checked. His website is www.choresgalore.com

10. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

I second Anthony with Chores Galore. I just had him install a privacy fence and he was very good...showed up on time and always stayed in communication with me. Would highly recommend him.

11. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member