Looks like a new place comin'.........

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blusdrmr, Apr 13, 2009.

1. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Well, I had told you all that one of my customers had been looking at The Old Drug Store and they are in the process of cleaning it up and working to have it open soon. They just started cleaning and repairing this past week. My son has been working there, helping them out, for the past two days and it is alot of work. It needs alot of TLC but with what they are doing, it should be ship-shape within a month. The new owners are from Thailand so it will be anything but traditional. They told me that it will be a Sushi/Italian place. Now.....what that is, is beyond me. One thing for sure is that it wil not compete with the Cleveland Draft House with the menu selections. And it will be NON-smoking for those interested.

As for the bar, it will be just that....a bar. Booze and bands. Simple as that. Not much more to say about that.

So.........look for the place to be open, soon.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, that sounds totally different, will there be smoking in the bar and did they buy the place or just lease?

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I love Italian and Sushi, but that combination pretty much guarantees I will not be utilizing their establishment.

4. blusdrmr

I imagine the bar will be a normal bar (smoking/drinking/cussing). I have not discussed it with them.

Lease/option.

5. blusdrmr

Wow, Hughey. Nothing like being negative right off the bat, huh?:roll:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are they going to serve that also? :mrgreen:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh behave!

8. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

Well I LOVE Italian and my son ans hubby LOVE sushi SO we will be checking it out.:hurray:

9. blusdrmr

Good to hear some folks are not taking the negative road just because they have a bone to pick with someone on the board.

(don't worry, Hughey....if you don't want to go there, I am sure they will welcome the others who have better attitudes)

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Outstanding! Can't wait! we love Sushi and Italian! :hurray::hurray:

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Thought someone was supposed to get together some night to go have a sushi binge.

Craig

12. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

I did some plumbing repairs there last week and have heard that the restaurant is going to be a Thai food place.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Now I would go there! 8)

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hey...here's a novel idea.....why don't we ask the guy that actually owns the place?

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you know that would just be toooo easy!

:mrgreen:

16. KellBell

gosh, we were weren't we? I went last weekend to this place downtown, called 'Sono' before seeing a show at Raleigh Memorial....outstanding!!

17. CraigSPL

Got a friend that said that Sono was good.

Craig

18. KellBell

now you have 'two' telling you....and it's a very sheek and romantical atmosphere....be a good place to take your beautiful bride on a date. ;)

19. CraigSPL

Now you know that don't describe me.

Craig

20. KellBell

well sure it does you SB! to a tee! 8)