Lucky Chicken

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tweetyluvzme, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I noticed there is a new place on Main St in Clayton called Lucky Chicken, where Oxaca used to be...anybody been there yet??

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Peruvian Cuisine :) Not been, but for article in paper, it seemed abit pricey for what it is/where it is. Not paying for atmosphere, that's for sure!!!

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I haven't but my wife has. She said it was very good and reasonably priced.

I guess the "Reasonably Priced" part varies by individual. 8)

4. Tweetyluvzme

Apparently they "specialize" in rotisserie chicken...sounds pretty good actually.

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would call it Lucky Chicken then :jester:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Isn't that kind of sick? Cannibalism running rampant - Must be Obama's fault! :)

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Better than this sign if you ask me.

[​IMG]

Craig

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:jester:

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That is hilarious :lol::lol::lol:

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

From memory; thought I remembered 1/4 chicken for like $7.99. Don't know, maybe it's just me.... stuck in the 60's again. :)

11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

We have not been yet but my first thaought was that the chicken on the plates were not "Lucky Chickens".

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats about what you pay for a 1/4 Chicken white plate w/ 2 sides and a corn muffin at Boston Chicken.... seams like an ok price if its good food.

13. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

1/4 chicken for $6.49. Includes fries and a small salad with their own dressing which is pretty darn good. The chicken itself is off the hook. Some of the best i have ever had. Most times chicken is flavored on the skin only but their chicken was flavored all the way through. Had it yesterday. Outstanding.

14. Tweetyluvzme

Sounds great, can't wait to try it! Thanks!

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I finally got a chance to go today and it was delicious!

16. Tweetyluvzme

We tried it a couple of weeks ago and I didn't care for it. The dressing tasted of straight lemon juice and water and I didn't think the chicken was all that great. And the other side was fries, kinda strange meal to me. I don't think we will have it again.

17. 3BabyBears

3BabyBears Guest

How would you compare the chicken to the ones you get at Wal-mart in the deli? Is it yummy enough to be worth the extra $$?

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Other than the pharmacy, for my dog, I don't shop at Wal-mart, so I can't answer your question.

It was much better than the Kenny Roger's chicken restaurants of years ago (Sienfield even did an episode on them)

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I used to love the Kenny Rogers rotisserie chicken... there used to be one out on Capital Blvd @ Tarrymore Square (became Vincents Pizza, which had a fire and closed several years ago). K.R. used to use a lemon-pepper seasoning on their chicken. Yumm!

20. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Aint no chicken that passed across my plate ever been considered "lucky."