Mad Fox in Southills subdivision

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Teelalee, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Teelalee

Teelalee Well-Known Member

A Friend & Neighbor ask Me to post this. ~~ A rapid fox attacked my daughter around 8:00 p.m. in Southills Subdivision. We were not able to catch it. Please be aware~~

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

How do you know it was rabid?

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Did you take your daughter the doctor right away to get shots so she don't get rabies?

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Any idea where in Southills it was seen? This is scary stuff as we're surrounded by woods on our lot. We have kids that play outside ALL the time. I don't know enough about rabid animals. Does anyone happen to know exactly what you do if you come across one? Besides the obvious of don't touch it. Just wondering if better to run, stand still, what? Folks are always out walking around this neighborhood & it's not that dark out at 8. Is the girl okay? Thanks for letting us all know.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Nothing to fear here. He is just very fast. Get it? Rapid?

All jokes aside, some more info would be helpful. Southhills is a big subdivision. While any Fox approaching a human is odd, them being out at 8:00 pm is probably not totally unusual.

6. Luvgoose1

Hubby has been putting out deer blocks for the deer from the woods in back of us, and they feed on them at least a couple times a day. Once he put out the deer pellets instead, and suddenly we had several foxes there daily-hubby said it was like giving them dog food. They were much more brazen than I thought they would be and didn't even seem scared when our dogs ran out into the backyard. I made hubby promise never to put out the pellets again and the foxes have not been back.

7. Teelalee

Teelalee Well-Known Member

Off of Kristi dr.

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I hope hubby ends up shooting the deer he attracts to the neighborhood. Otherwise, these are probably the same ones who are not afraid AT ALL of people and eat my plants, drop ticks and erode my yard with their hooves. I am fairly certain they can find their own food.

9. Luvgoose1

The only shooting hubby does is with a camera. The good thing about feeding these is they stay at the edge of the woods, live in the woods and do not come out into any yards. I'm certain they would survive just fine without our help but they sure are beautiful to watch.

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Fox, raccoons, possums and the occasional turkey buzzard are nice to watch too, but you don't see me leaving rotting meat out for them to snack on.

There is a reason they call it wildlife. Let's try to keep it that way.

11. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Had a fox in a yard in Hunters Mill tonight. It was trying to get onto the porch for the cat food, but no problems otherwise.