Man sues, claims he fell after stepping in feces

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

http://www.wral.com/news/strange/story/7344925/

NORFOLK, Va. — A Poquoson man who said he fell after stepping in dog feces at a PetSmart store has filed a $1 million negligence lawsuit against the company. Robert Holloway alleges in his lawsuit in U.S. District Court that he badly injured his back, struck his head and knocked out four teeth when he slipped in January 2009 at a Newport News PetSmart. He alleges that PetSmart and its manager should have protected him from a hazardous condition created when they allowed animals to defecate on the floor.

In court documents, Phoenix-based PetSmart denied the negligence allegations.

I think this man is full of the brown stuff

I turn on the tube and what do I see
    A whole lotta people cryin' "Don't blame me"
    They point their crooked little fingers ar everybody else
    Spend all their time feelin' sorry for themselves
    Victim of this, victim of that
    Your momma's too thin; your daddy's too fat

You say you haven't been the same since you had your little crash
    But you might feel better if I gave you some cash

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That must have been one big pile of...

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I think this story stinks.

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I smell a rat........tudd.

5. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

What a crappy thing to do:hurray:

6. jentile4

jentile4 Well-Known Member

I hope they don't start banning pets from petsmart, one of the few places that allow it

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You know, my vet at the time was horrified when I told him I'd taken my pup there when she was very small to get her collar the right size. He mentioned that there is nothing to prevent anyone from bring a dog infected with who knows what contagious disease in there and it wasn't a good idea. I was kinda :shock: because I hadn't thought about it. I guess better safe than sorry, and I don't take her anymore.

8. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

I agree with kdc, I think Petsmart is a cesspool of who knows what. I don't take my dogs there.

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure why people would want to take their dog (or pet) to Petsmart other than to be groomed or for the obedience lessons they teach. I don't set out during the day with my dog because of very few places you can carry them. If I want to go to store or a restaurant, I don't want to be saddled with an animal that I can't carry in and wouldn't leave in a vehicle. Rarely do you see mutts being carried in the stores. Most of the time, its the purebreds and I guess many owners just want to show them off. It's nice that Petsmart has a pet-friendly policy, but I don't think its probably the best thing for all involved, especially with things like distemper that can kill a dog. I also won't stay at a hotel that allows pets. Bedbugs are enough to have to worry about. I don't want to have to wake up with the fleas, too.

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

My boxer, Pearl, goes just about everywhere with me in the cooler months when I can leave her in the car if I have to. In the Summer, I have to leave the AC on or leave her at home, which she really doesn't like.

Unless I'm going to Lowes. I take her in there all the time and no one seems to mind. 8)

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are some exceptions to the rule. When I leave home, I feel a bit freer to not have our dog tagging along. That is unless I am specifically doing something with the dog. I never have a problem with dogs in Petsmart myself, but I will say that large dogs in there do make me a bit nervous once in awhile with kids in there. Unfamiliar dogs and kids sometimes can make for a bad combination. Dogs can be rather possessive of their 'pack' and some people seem to have a hard time restraining stronger dogs. Plus, many owners feel that their 120 pound Rottie is approachable simply because the dog is a powder puff at home. I've been in there at times when owners would allow their dogs too close to kids for there to be a significant amount of reaction time should the dog lunge.

12. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

OR parents would let their small kids too close to "unknown" dogs for that possibililty of needed reaction time. Its not always the dog owners responsibility of other children around & those certain type of children who come bombarding up to a dog. I trust my dog and know a reaction wouldn't be in the negative way BUT at same time shame on those parents for Not teaching their children about "approaching dog manners" - or however you want to deem that.

I don't take my dogs there but the main reason is because of the "unknown" of other dogs as far as health. After all with Banfield located in back of most stores & only one way in, can't help but get mingled in the health issues of a dog that is being walked thru the store to get to the vet.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I agree about the kids. However, my point is in passing down aisles, a dog and child are bound to come with a foot of each other. You don't worry about the kid biting the dog, but the dog biting the kid. Of course, there are some kids that could be a bad example in front of the dog. :jester:

Another thing that has come to my attention is it seems more dog owners trying to sneak their little toy dogs into the grocery store. I was at a Wal-mart not too long ago when a woman tried to do that through the garden center. She was turned away and she left. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the health department would approve of that.

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I saw someone in FL one afternoon with their pooch sitting in the seat section of their cart. I was on my way out. ..Don't know how far they made it in but when I saw them they had gotten to the first aisle. They had their dogs *** the same place I put my lettuce, grapes and other veggies.