Massage Therapy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Southernborn, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Gosh...I just want to share something wonderful I experienced today.

A friend told me about the Miller-Motte Technical College in Cary last week so I called and made an apointment for a massage and had it today.

I did not know about this place, or I'd of been going before now and would have been treating myself to a massage a lot more often than I have been.

Here are details:

Miller-Motte Technical College
    2205 Walnut Street
    Cary, NC 27511
    919-532-7177
    Hours of Operation
    M, W 1-4
    T, Th 1-8:30
    F 9-4:30
    S, 8:30-4

Massages:
    1/2 hr. $15
    1 hr. $25
    1 1/2 hr. $35

Spa Packages:
    mini facial & 1/2 hr. massage $25
    1 hr. facial & 1 hr. massage $35
    for the male 1/2 hr. facial & 1 hr. massage $30

There is also Esthetics services:
    Customized Facial $20
    Back Facial $15
    Microdermabrasion $40
    Various Peels from $30-$35
    Waxing, etc.

Anyway, I wanted to tell everyone about this place because it is awesome! They actually gave me a full hour massage (unlike many places I paid $90-$120 for and only got 45 minutes) for $25. They won't accept tips either...so it's really cheap!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The students do it to fulfill their technical/lab hours. My sister went to a massage school in Colorado, and had to do hundreds of hours in the schools lab before she could get her certifications from the school. Its their "hands-on" experience. They've been through oodles of classroom time before they are allowed to work on people, so I would have no qualms about going there.. infact I think I need to call!

Thanks SB! :D

3. AFriend

AFriend Guest

Not sure of their rates, but the massage school at JCC does the same thing.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks SB, mine run $50 and I get a discount :shock:

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I was mentioning this last night with my neighbors, and one of them knows someone who has been and said how wonderful they are over at Miller-Mott.

I did try to call yesterday afternoon, but no one answered.. I'll try again in a little while.

:)

6. Southernborn

Yes they were wonderful when I went yesterday! The girl told me they were booked through the end of the month, but to call Monday morning to get on Sept. calendar!

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Was over shopping in Cary this morning, and just by chance happened to be on Walnut St., and turned just after the Home Depot and just what happened to be beside me when I looked over... coincidentally.. Miller-Mott! Now that I know where it is and how easy it is to find, I'll be checking that out and getting myself on their calendar. Alot of stuff on and around Walnut St. was closed due to the water problem in Cary though... what was it they found ecoli bacteria in the water or something?
    Miller-Mott didn't even have any cars in their parking lot, and it was right around 12:45-ish... I wonder if that affected their business as well.. not being able to use water for facials and such.....

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

A co worker of my daughter's recently graduated and is giving massages. I have an appointment today... I have heard he is really good, but I will let you know.

part II- I just got home, wow, he was great. He is a lot less than most professionals (if you go to his home), he has a room set up with candles and fountains etc... or he can come to your home for $50 an hour.

I feel euphoric... in a weird place between awake and asleep...

If you are interested his name is Michael and his number is 818-4385 (NC License # 06454)

9. Southernborn

I went again today to Miller Monte and out of all the spas, etc. I've ever had massages...today was the BEST hands down. You just can't beat that place...1 full hour for a flat $25...OMG!

FYI...they book up fast, they are already booked up for the month of Sept. :shock:

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My XMAS gift to myself will be a massage! 8)