Matthews Rd Murder?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Sep 10, 2011.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

There were 4 people arrested at the store I know as D.R Wells. Heard there was a murder on the other side of Matthews Rd. I grew up on that road and still have family on that family. It's crazy what this area is coming to. Anyone else heard anything?

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

it figures. About an hour or so ago I had taken stuff to the dump. I took the long way home. went down Cleveland school road and made a right on to Mathews. When I got to the corner of Mathews and Polenta there was a sheriff's deputy wearing an orange sheriff's t shirt and a walking stick and gun in his side holster. He had crossed in front of me and was leaning in the window of sheriffs cruiser. I was wondering what was going on.

3. 1_more_PitBull

Yeah it happened at the first house on the RIGHT. Where there used to be a house that Sonny owned that burned down. Just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything else about it.. I'm only getting some info from someone who lives right by where it happened.

4. 1_more_PitBull

No it's not the same house... Its way before that.

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Sorry I got that mixed up!

6. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

My husband called the sheriff's dept. to ask about this...there was a murder at one of the trailers behind the burned out house. They have made an arrest in the case.

7. Princess

Princess Member

From the News and Observer:

Five jailed in shooting death in Cleveland community

The Johnston County Sheriff’s Office has arrested five people in a shooting death in the Cleveland community.

The following are charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder: Johnathan Simpkins, Victoria Simpkins, Adriana Russell, Aaron Howell and Adam Elliott. A Sheriff’s Office news release on Saturday did not gives the ages and addresses of those charged. All were held without bond.

On Friday, the news release said, the sheriff’s office received a phone call that led them to 59 Booker Court. There, they found the body of Arturo Cordoba Gomez, 18. He was dead from an apparent gunshot wound, the sheriff’s office said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/09/10/1476323/five-jailed-in-shooting-death.html#ixzz1XZz2kFkB

8. 1_more_PitBull

Thanks Princess for posting that.

9. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

10. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

from WMPM today (Mug shot photos too)

5 Charged In Shooting Death Of Johnston County Teenager
    Five Wake County residents have been charged with murdering a Johnston County teenager. Johnston County deputies received a call from a man wanting to talk with deputies around 4pm Friday. He met with officers and led them to an address at 59 Booker Court outside of Clayton, authorities said. Inside the residence, officers found the body of 18 year-old Arturo Cordoba Gomez of that same address. Gomez died from an apparent gunshot wound, according to Tammy Amaon, Public Information Officer, for the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office.

Charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder include: Adam Elliott, Adriana Russell, Victoria Simpkins, and Johnathan Simpkins. Aaron Howell is charged with accessory after the fact of murder. Aaron Howell is in the Johnston County Jail under a $1 million bond. The four other suspects are being held in the Johnston County Jail without bond. Amaon said the shooting appeared to be a “drug related” crime.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member