MB Biker-friendly hotel

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Mar 11, 2010.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

So...I'm going to bike week with hubby in May and we're looking for a nice biker-friendly hotel. I know some hotels don't really "welcome" bikers, so want to make sure we get one that does. Some friends are going with us and originally wanted to stay at Sands Ocean Club because of Ocean Annies (so if we were back at the hotel in the evening and some wanted to stay out and hear a band they could) but now they've decided the hotel itself doesn't look that nice, reviews weren't good. But they'd like to be somewhere close to that (walking distance) or another hotel that would have the same kind of setup with an outdoor bar/band in the evenings. Can anyone suggest some places for us? I think they were hoping for NMB or at least northern part of MB. Thanks!

Oh - one more thing - I'd love one with a lazy river if possible.

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

well you all are absolutely NO HELP this morning!!! Where's all the bikers on here, I know you're out there!

3. MB has told all bikers your not welcome,,

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

According to the MB Bike Week webpage anything within the MB City Limits is not biker friendly. This doesn't include N.Myrtle, Murrels Inlet, etc.

We have stayed at the Avista Resort at N. Myrtle Beach in the past, they have the Lazy River indoor pool area. Its a very nice hotel, rooms have kitchenettes and balconies, waterfront. Its just a few minutes north of Barefoot Landing IIRC. We booked our company xmas parties for 3 or 4 yrs at the Avista, everyone always had a great time there.

http://www.myrtlebeachbikeweek.com/

http://avistaresort.com/

6. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Yes, Avista welcomes bikers. I was there last year in May between Bike Week and Black Bike weekend. Those bikes were LOUD in the parking deck! :)

Sind up on their website for discounts. Plus, check Travelzoo.com. That's where I got my discount last May, $79/night for a 1 BR oceanfront room/condo.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We made the mistake of going down there during the Fall Rally one year and boy, was it loud...all night long. My wife loves Harleys but even she had had enough by the last day to come home. There were bikers racing up and down Ocean Drive all night, but I learned a lesson to check before I go to make sure nothing major going on.