Missing Kitty

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by JenniferK, Aug 26, 2009.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Well, I knew it was going to happen....

I have two cats, a white perisan who realizes how good she's got it and wouldn't go outside if you offered her a big plate of tuna, and a black and white domestic medium hair black and white tuxedo kitty who for the last year has been trying to convince us she belongs outside.

Snuggles would wait by the front door and bolt out the minute she found an opportunity. Normally, she would go sit under the bushes for a few hours and then come back to the door to be let in.

Sunday night, she bolted out. We haven't seen her since. Earlier that night, in a fit of being mad at us I suppose, she used my kitchen rug as her bathroom.

She's a black and white, medium hair kitty, who looks very similiar to this:

[​IMG]

We live off S. Shiloh and I doubt she's gone far from home. She does not have a collar and is not micro-chipped, but is very friendly.

If anyone see's her, please call me. 868-5548

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm not near you but I hope you find her soon.

3. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Beautiful cat. Hope you find her soon.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh Jen, i am so sorry, will keep my out for her and let the fam know too.

5. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

Sounds like my cat.. I have a feeling she will be back. If I'm wrong, then she must have found a house she thought was home and they decided to keep her... So I'd just make sure everyone around you know she's lost (ie fliers, posters). I hope I'm right and she'll be back!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh that little bugger.

I hope you find her soon!!!

7. JenniferK

Still no sign of Snuggles....

My guess is that someone has taken her in.

Or at least I hope so.....

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

That's what has happened. Someone fell in love with her and doesn't realize she is missing from someone.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I had a Tom cat disappear for two years! I just figured the worst. Two years later he came walking up into the yard like he had never left.

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

you are probably right and if so, the firt chance he get to dart out of their house she will be back home.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This is very possible, cats aren't very loyal anyways. Just have some good food and a place for them to curl up and they will be your friend.... until a better deal comes along.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that's why i love my dogs and birds, they are loyal

13. JenniferK

Honestly, as long as they're taking care of her, I'm okay with it. I haven't seen any signs that she *tried to cross the road*, so we'll just assume she's living in someone else's lap of luxury.....

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

They must have had the real Fancy Feast instead of store brand, that traitor!!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so did she ever come home Jenn?

16. JenniferK

No, we haven't seen any sign of her.

17. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Sorry about your kitty. :cry: One of mine did that more than 2 years ago now, and I still think about the little guy all the time. Not knowing is hard. But I decided, like it sounds like you did, that he is sitting on some little old lady's lap living it up, eating gushy fuds every day. That's an image I can live with!

18. JenniferK

I need some help. And I don't need anyone telling me what a bad kitty mama I am either.

Snuggles has shown up in the past week or so....lingering around the back deck. So I've been putting food out for her. She'll come up and love me, and let me love her, but she won't get near DH.

DH says that I absolutely positively cannot bring her back in the house. We'd been having issues with her darting out the door for a long time, and regardless of the flea treatment we used, everytime we'd get the house de-fleaed, she'd run out again, stay gone for a few hours and come back in bringing fleas with her.

She obviously does not want to be a strictly indoor kitty, but I think she's realized she doesn't want to be an outdoor kitty either.

She is breaking my heart hanging around the back deck, I can see she wants to come in, but my husband will not budge, he says absolutely not.

I can't leave her outside all winter. I need to find somewhere for her to go where she can have the freedom to go in and out, or to live in a barn and chase mice, or something.

Someone, anyone? Please help me. She was a rescue from JCAPL, I don't know if they'd let me bring her back. I also don't know if any of you have indoor/outdoor kitties and would consider adding another one, who is spayed and beautiful to your brood. Maybe you have a barn she could live in?

I am heartbroken over this, but I honestly don't know what else to do.

Suggestions?

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Jenn, doesn't your adoption contract with JCAPL say something about bringing her back to them if it doesn't work out? Most rescue organizations have a no transfer clause.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got nothing. Good luck with all that.

I feel your pain because we still have the little Houdini trying to get out every time I take the dog out. She's been left out for at times at least 4 hours because DS didn't realize he let her out. Little ingrate. Between that and the constant puking, I am about at my wits end, not to mention the biting of DS. I didn't get her from the shelter though. I guess I will keep tolerating her aggravating butt because DS loves her so. :?