Mosquito Magnet

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kw, Sep 12, 2007.

1. kw

kw Member

Anyone here have a mosquito magnet in your yard? I'm not talking about your kids. I already have that kind. I'm looking for some feedback on the gas powered magnets. Do you have one? Does it work? My yard is an a little over an acre, wondering what is the best out there for my needs. One person told me to go to Parkers Gas and get one. Your thoughts?

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Good luck. Nothing gets rid of them all the way. You must get rid of their breeding places. Standing water anywhere (Buckets, flower pots, containers with water, ANYTHING that holds water)

3. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

When we has a large place, and a pond, I used plants that deter them. They worked the best out of anything!

Frogger

4. Tit4Tat

I also have a pond. The fish eat the mosquitos. The frogs we have in the pond love them to. :lol:

5. kw

kw Member

We have a pool and my neighbor has a large pond in the back. His fish, frogs and turtles aren't eating ours. Instead they are feeding off my son. I'm sure we can't get rid of all of them, but I will be happy if my son comes in with 1 bite a night instead of 20. We use bullfrog and other sprays and it helps but was just wondering how the gas powered magnets work. I was hoping between that and the sprays, we could get some relief.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's awful, I know how you feel. We normally have a mosquito problem, but this year, it's been ticks. He's had 3 in the last week, and I got my first tick bite EVER the other day. Must have come from his clothes. I HATE those things!

7. Tit4Tat

If your chemicals are right in your pool, the little blood suckers shouldnt be able to live off of the pool. :confused:

8. Tit4Tat

*shiver* I hate ticks. ugh...yuk.

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member