Motel/Hotel Accommodations 40/42 vicinity

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sd214, Mar 4, 2011.

1. sd214

sd214 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have family coming for a visit in a couple of months - too many to fit everyone in my home. I would really appreciate any recommendations for accommodations on 40/42. I have personal experience with Super 8. It was nice when I stayed there, but that was several years ago. Thanks for any help.

2. suzienj

suzienj Guest

My family stayed recently at the Holiday Inn Express and was really good. Hope that helps.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We have had family stay at the Hampton Inn there several times and they liked it.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i second the Hampton Inn, we have had family stay there too and it was always very nice.

5. sd214

sd214 Well-Known Member

Motels/Hotels in 40/42 area

Thanks all for the input. I haven't checked out Hampton Inn yet, but I will be sure to do so.

6. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I wasn't too happy with Sleep Inn. We had to stay for a week due to lighning hitting our house. My husband works at night so I was in the room by myself trying to go to sleep. Someone walked right into my room. Luckily my dog went nuts and the people ran out really fast. I called my husband crying (I was 8 months prego so very emotional). He called the front desk very upset and the guy said someone told him they lost their key and just gave them an extra key without checking.
    We also made sure we complained the next morning. They young lady appoligized and said it would not happen again. I went online and sent an email to the corporate office. I got a nasty letter back from the managment saying I should have let them know that something was wrong but I never told them. :evil: