Mother's of boys. I'm on a pants quest!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Feb 2, 2011.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

My skinny 10yo is getting too tall for his Wrangler size 10 (no kdc, I never bought the poor child any pants, which turned out well 'cause apparently there's been a growth spurt, in his legs anyway) and they are too big in the waist. 10 slim are too small. I'm going to try 12 slim next. I know every brand has their own cut. So I'm asking for the experienced shoppers out there, who do you think has the smaller waist cut and the longer length?

2. mvenito@nc.rr.com

mvenito@nc.rr.com Well-Known Member

UGH!! my boys and pants are enough to drive me nuts!!! My 12 year old is too skinny for most pants but short, and the 10 year old is too husky for most cuts!!! Levi's makes soooo many cuts I'm in the store forever trying each one with both and tearing at my hair!!! If you find one let me know. So far, the boot cuts with 14 slim worked for him, and the 12 husky works for the 10 year old, however, that changes hourly! :) HTH and its usually at JCPenny with tons of sales, coupons and everything else to save $.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester: I'm all ears, DS is outgrowing his too. I wish manufacturers realized that not all kids are overweight these days.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I used to get the ones that have the hidden elastic draw inside the waist. Always made sure the length was right over fit in the waist (that's what belts are for). JCPenney has many of their Arizona brands and I believe the Kohl's Sonoma brand has some options with the elastic piece.

5. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

6. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I agree my 14 year old is 5' 2" and weighs 80 pounds.

7. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

my now 13 year old has that problem, he is very long in the legs, but skinny as a pole bean...I go to walmart and get him the faded glory or whatever the other brand is there...I have to get him 14's to make them fit in the length, but they have little elastic stretch bands to make them fit in the waist better....he likes them loose anyway so it works for him...and they only run about 14 to 16 bucks a pair...they seem to last a while too!
    He is a boy, so he is rough on a pair of jeans...

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I have the opposite issue with my son but I found the Urban Pipeline brand at Kohls to run "long/thin" in my opinion. Maybe they will fit your son.

9. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

My son might have some that are too short on him they are 14 let me know if you want them. Will be working every day till Monday so I might not get back to you till then. Oh they have the pull elastic and from Wally World

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer Grammie. I have a load of 14's from his older brother waiting to be grown in to.

11. davynchristy

davynchristy Well-Known Member

I agree with the Urban Pipeline @ Kohls suggestion. My son is very slender and these are always perfect for him.

12. arogronjomom

arogronjomom Well-Known Member

My 10 year old is on the slim side and my MIL sent him some jeans for his birthday a couple of months ago. While exchanging them at the JCP at North Hills, I found these Arizona Vintage Slim jeans and he LOVED them. They don't have an adjustable waist like the kind I usually buy at WalMart, which he also has to wear a belt with just to keep them up, but he doesn't need the belt or the adjustable waist with these. They stay up fine and fit well. My 7 and 5 year olds wanted them, too, of course :)

http://m.jcpenney.com/mt/www2.jcpen...8+18+904+903+969+949+833&hdnOnGo=false&submit search.y=12&SearchString=arizona+boys+jeans&submit search.x=18&N=4294959029+451&Nao=0&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Same thing over here, 8 y/o boy, maxing out 10 slim pants now. Spring & shorts weather cannot get here fast enough.
    Each day I check him for CAPRI's - Oh My how he FAST is growing!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I bought DS some 14 slims today. He's not even 12 yet and they fit. :shock: