Movie Filmed in Clayton Now on DVD

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WebsterFallsFilms, Dec 22, 2009.

1. "Blaire's Bridge", the movie filmed in Clayton and at the Pisgah Covered Bridge in Randolph County is now on DVD. You can purchase the DVD, with special features, on line at www.websterfallsfilms.com.

You can also find the DVDs locally at Walgreens, The UPS Store and Fancy That, all in Clayton.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am sure the 4042 proprietors wouldn't mind a little Christmas cheer to cover your ad.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I saw it at Walgreens the other day, it's *only* 17.95.

4. Response to Posts

Hello "Cleopatra",

Your response seems to indicate that the cost of our new film is high. Most new DVD releases are in the range of $19.95 up. Plus, the major studio machine has the advantage of receiving major discounts because they are able to contract thousands and thousands of DVD replications with companies that produce the DVDs, the cover art and packaging.

Since Webster Falls Films is a new production company, we feel fortunate to provide this new film at a cost that is at least $2.00 less than most new DVD releases.

If that seems high to you personally, then, just like other releases, be patient, it will be available for rent within six months. We do hope you get the chance to see it.

We felt compelled to respond since the first two responses seem to be negative in nature. Our cast and crew worked very hard on this production and we stand behind these LOCAL talented folks. We believe the community should be proud that a new film company will be producing additional films and documentaries right in our backyard.

Let's support ALL of our local businesses, not live the life of a critic.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ALL OF US AT WEBSTERFALLSFILMS.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. Cleopatra

You should feel compelled to stop ignoring the rules set forth that you agreed to when you registered to post here. There are alot of local projects, businesses, etc that we support - the difference is they purchase advertising on this website and do not use the forum to peddle their goods - and when they do, this is the response they get. You are no different.

7. Merry Christmas to you, too!

While it is never our intent to not abide by rules, your response convenient ignores our points.

We will make up for our unintentional breaking of the rules by purchasing an ad campaign on the site soon.

Again, though, your focus on the negative side is sad.

8. To "Cleopatra"

So, the response "they get" from you is to personally attack instead of using common courtesy to point out a mistake?

9. From the forum rules

"But do so with some
    sense of civility...any topic can be discussed without
    dipping into the sleaze bucket."

10. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Hey Webster Falls, do you have any intentions of doing another film here in Clayton?

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You thought these were negative?

You haven't visited the Political Pit yet have you? :jester:

12. Hello "Kdog"

Yes! We begin filming a comedy, "Whistling Pines" in April. Thanks for asking.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This was civil. Too bad you are taking it the wrong way. But that's typical for those that flaunt the rules and expect to get a pat on the head for doing so. You've made certain I won't be buying your film.

14. To "KDC1970"

Obviously, you failed to read all the posts we have made and feel compelled to criticize. We have attempted to find a way to remove this post entirely, unsuccessfully in order to convert to an ad.

Let us repeat ourselves: It was NEVER our intentions to violate any rules in this posting. We ADMITTED the mistake and are trying to make it right. However, AFTER saying that, you come back with your mean-spirited remark.

Send us your mailing address and we will gladly send you a copy of the movie, FREE OF CHARGE.

Merry Christmas from all of us at Webster Falls Films! PROUDLY a part of the local area, using LOCAL talent and doing business with LOCAL businesses.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My dear, I certainly did read them. Thank you for your offer, but I am not
    interested.

You know what, nevermind. Obviously you don't "get" it and I don't care enough to explain it to you.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  16. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Cool, let us know if ou have any casting calls.

17. Cleopatra

I didn't know Wayne was a publicist for the local film industry.. I guess that's why we haven't seen him around. :lol:

18. Karma

Karma Guest

Film in Clayton

I believe he was addressing the issue that there was a film shot here in Clayton and to inform locals about it. I believe that is why this site is called 4042.com!! For the negative comments, please find something practical to do instead of looking at the down side of things all the time, this outlook on life with wear off on the people around you, have a great new year!!!

19. Cleopatra

And I believe bumping the old thread where the film was originally announced and mentioning it was now on DVD without providing a link and pricing would not have smacked of free advertising.