Much joy today......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ECAVE, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

As many of you know, my son has been in Afghanistan since January. He has left there and is on his way home!! He should be stateside soon and home within the week.

Just had to share that!

Please remember all our heros still there and all around the world.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Fantastic news!!!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray: :grouphug:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Please thank him for all of us! :hurray:

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

What wonderful news! Growing up a military brat, there was nothing like the feeling of a loved one coming home. Thanks for sharing & be sure to tell him thanks for his service.

Stephanie--mom to 7

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thats great - I know you all are very excited! :hurray:
    Is he just coming home for a visit, or to stay?

6. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Wonderful wonderful wonderful. My son is gearing up to retire in March and the deployments were always a hard thing. It was always in the back of my mind (Thank God for computers and video cams) but as the time grew closer I let myself worry all the more that something would happen. I am so happy for you and your family. Give him a big hug and tell him thank you for all he has done for us. :grouphug:

7. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone and I will do all that has been asked!

He will be home for at least 2 years.

I have been in contact with him this morning and told him to get on and read. I do not know if he will post - he doesnt have an account here.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray:
    Big hugs from our family!!!

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Great news, and please thank him for his service. :hurray:

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Please tell him (and all the rest of our family service members) thanks and welcome home.

12. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Thanks to him and also thanks to you for sharing your joy. This gave me a much-needed smile today. :)

13. thanks!

This is the son ecave is talking about, and I want to thank every one of you for your support!! The most support you can give any of us is your prayers, and your CAREFUL DECISIONS during the next presidential election!! Thanx dad, for sharing with everyone! And ill see you in a couple days man. I finally broke down and registered on this site, using the browser on a blackberry phone! Wow this has taken hours! Thanx everyone for your support, I had to tell you all!!

14. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Never mind thanking us. You've done more than we have (at least those of us who never served), and for that THANK YOU!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

God Bless and safe journey home:grouphug::grouphug:

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

May God bless and protect your son and all military personnel defending our freedom.

17. Thank you all! Your support has NOT gone unnoticed!

18. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

We all thank you for your Service. Welcome home !!!!!
    From a fellow Vet.
    I always shake a Vets hand. or any service member I see in the Public area. I always let them Know that we do appreciate them all. and especialy when they come Home.
    Welcome Back Brother Vet.:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::cheers::cheers::cheers::grouphug:

19. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

I talk to a lot of them on FACEBOOK every day... GOD BLESS THEM!!!

20. Hoof- thank you for your service and your continuing support! Wheels up in about 5-6 hours!!! I would be glad to shake your hand in appreciation of your service!