Mulch Prices this year?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Anyone price mulch yet this year? Just thought I would ask before I start calling around. I need 40 yards. ugh. I got a price quote today for mulch and to "install" was around 1400. Don't know the cost of mulch itself.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know it went sky high last year cause none of the local suppliers could get it in, hoping it is no where near that this year or i will have to go to Lowes and get bags, much more of a pain but the price may be better as it was last year i found out after i paid for it by the yard.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Have you checked Neuse Plant and Bark Inc-2508 Devils Racetrack Road, Four Oaks - (919) 934-0428? Years ago when we used mulch hubby would go down there and load up a truck full. It was very inexpensive compared to some of the other places.

4. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

last year we got the lava rock at lowes and we dont have to replace it this year, only 2 bags cause we put a border on it. it was costly last year but we dont have to replace every year, labor and cost

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We stopped using mulch because of the cost and frequency it had to be replaced. We used lava rock instead and have not had to change it for many years. On occasion we add a bag or two in an area but we found it to be much better for keeping the weeds out as well. It never fades either.

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I've been calling around myself for top soil and got a pretty good quote from:
    Red Barn Landscape Supplies LLC

2019 Hardee Ln
    Clayton, NC 27520
    919-553-6626

They are on Highway 70 E right past the furniture store in Clayton. They have all kinds of landscaping rock, mulch, etc.

7. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

hmmm.....might have to look into that. I hate mulch'n every year!

8. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I have been using Red Barn the last few years, very happy with them, as far as the rock goes, that not a bad idea, though moving that many bags of rock, I might not be able to walk again for a few weeks.