My Favorite Toy I Got for Christmas Was.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

I caught a few minutes of a show on the Travel Channel concerning this guy who tracks down vintage toys for collectors. That started a conversation about "favorite toys." I did a quick Google search and found a site dedicated to the one at the top of my list...."Johnny Astro!" http://johnnyastro.com I was 7 years old and have fond memories of spending HOURS making moon landings!

So....what's your favorite? 8)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

I am fifty six years old, and as long as I've lived, and as long as I will live, I will always remember the present I got for Christmas when I was ten...

A Mattel Vroom Bicycle
    [​IMG]

(BTW, I also remember having a "Johnny Astro" toy at one point)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shaun Cassidy 45 I got when I was little (maybe 11 or 12)

5. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD. I have been explaining that toy to people over the years all my life. Even searched for it on the internet, but could not remember the name.

With fresh batteries and a tight balloon, you could get it 5 feet high.

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

My first Aurora AFX race track when I was 10 years old. That was 39 years ago and I still have one of the original cars.

9. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Lionel train with the smoke pellets.

10. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

11. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Awash in memories, I took a look at eBay. You can find the motor (to be used on Stingray bikes), but not the full fledged bike itself.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

+1 on this and I even had the Stunt Van as well.

[​IMG]

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I had that too. But I also had the ramp and hook. When he would jump the hook would catch on the bar and the bike would keep going. Man I miss these toys. I use to play with this and Lincoln Logs. I would make things for him to jump and use card board for ramps. Sometimes it worked. Sometime he had a great fall.

Had this too...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  14. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

This thread is wonderful!!! thank you!!

Definitely the Barbie Dream TownHouse circa 1970s!!!

15. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Two other favorites came to mind today...... one was the Erector Set. The best thing was the electric motor it came with to power the things you built with it. (I was thinking that they would NEVER be releasing a toy like this today as that motor would be listed as a safety hazard with the exposed gears!)

[​IMG]

And then there was the Radio Shack Science Fair project kit. Many hours on the living room floor patching wires across the contacts to build the various projects.

[​IMG]

16. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Here ya go!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-EGZwAdHJo

17. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

1970's Tonka Camper & boat. still have them on a shelf

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember "Creeple People"? It was a heated tray that you put this glue type stuff in and it made Creeple People. I LOVED my Creeple People set! Or the year that I really wanted a 10 speed bike. Not a girls bike, I wanted the boys bike. Dad said NO, a girl needed a girls bike. But on Christmas morning he pushed out the most beautiful burgundy & silver 10 speed Boys style bike for me! That was a special Christmas too..

20. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Here's your Creeple People!

[​IMG]