MY GIRLFRIENDS PLACE SALON - CLAYTON

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BEEBSLY9, Jun 29, 2011.

1. BEEBSLY9

BEEBSLY9 Active Member

Looking to see if anyone has ever been to my girlfriends place salon in clayton. I am looking to see if anyone would recommend them for wedding hair and airbrush makeup. Pictures and reviews would be excellent. I am trying to figure out if they are up to date with styles, and ideas. Thanks! :allears:

2. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Beebsly I know the owner, Dawn Black, professionally and personally. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. She and her husband, Paul, who is the primary hair stylist are two class acts and their business is a wonderful contribution to the downtown area. They recently moved into The Southern Traditions House behind Four Oaks Bank. It is beautiful. I have Had Dawn do my makeup for family pictures and loved it. She can make it as dramatic or as natural as you want and she is very affordable. And her hairstyles for wedding type stuff are amazing. Give them a call. Also, Becky is there and she does a fantastic job with a mani and pedi if you're looking to get nails done for the wedding. Oh, and talk to dawn also about eyelash extensions. You wouldn't think they make a difference, but they are really pretty in pictures!!!

3. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I also highly recommend Dawn and Paul at My Girlfriend's Place. My daughter got married last Fall on a Sunday and they were willing to open up their salon for the bridal party and turned the day into a fun, festive party before the wedding. We all had our hair done and Dawn did an amazing job. So much so that one of the bridesmaids then booked them for her own wedding party two months later. Dawn also did the makeup and it was wonderful, especially considering that it was an outdoor wedding and had to withstand the heat and humidity. We had Sherry with Sherry's Signature Cheesecakes cater an early morning continental breakfast and then also an early afternoon lunch and it was delicious. We had music going and Dawn and Paul made the whole experience fun, and yet calmed the nervous bride at the same time. Paul does an excellent job with haircuts as well and Becky gives a great mani or pedi too! PM me with your email and I'll be happy to send you some pictures of the hairstyles the bride chose for herself and the wedding party.

5. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I also love Dawn and Paul at My Girlfriend's Place. They do excellent work and are soooo much fun. I'm super picky and have always been 100% satisfied with them.

6. BEEBSLY9

BEEBSLY9 Active Member

Thanks guys! Your responses were awesome. I guess my main concern was that they were up to date with styles and didnt make everyone look like they were going to an 8th grade dance! I love the fact that you can get some food from right next door which is great by the way (YUM!). I've looked at several salons in the Raleigh area and they were all very modern, had very young stylists but I prefer someone more personal and professional. Any more comments or experiences are welcomed!

Do you any of you remember the costs for the wedding party and bridal hair/makeup? If I choose to go with them I will loose my spot at the salon I already booked so I want to make sure I know what I am doing! :hurray:

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

They have a brochure (or did) with the information and contract for the bridal services. Give them a call or stop by and I'm sure they will be happy to give you a copy.