my new computer

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by cynadon, Apr 9, 2014.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I been trying to post for a while, just remembered my password. I gave up the internet on my XP machine. Only use it for quick books and flight sim.

Anyhow, I bought a new computer with Linux! Running ubuntu. This thing rocks. Bad fast! It will shut down and restart in less than 45 seconds.

The interface is a lot like windows. Not much of a learning curve. It won't run windows software, but if you only want an internet browser, take a look at ubuntu. Everything I do is way faster than windows or apple. The folks that built it said I don't need anti-virus unless I e-mail a lot of stuff.

It updates often. When it updates it covers everything. Software, hardware, drivers, everything.

I hope the honeymoon lasts. I've been playing with computers since the apple 2e, commodore 64 with tape drive, tsr80, never seen anything like this. I got nice hardware but linux will stroll on older stuff also.

I have nothing to do with the computer industry. This is just my opinion.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

What kind of computer is it? I didn't even realize that any PC's came pre installed with ubuntu on it. I've always had to load it myself.

PS congrats!

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

got it from "system76". out of colorado I think. They build desktops and laptops. If you just want a internet cruiser, linux kicks butt!!!!!!!!!!