N&O Insert for $1/Sunday Paper

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by J34, Oct 28, 2010.

1. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Anyone need the N&O Insert for a Sunday paper subscription for only $1 ea? It has check boxes for 13 weeks, 26 weeks, and 52 weeks. If you want it, pm me your address, and I'll drop it in the mail. All you have to do is use $1 in coupons each week, and it's paid for itself!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

When does it expire? I just signed up for a 13 week subscription @ 1$ per Sunday paper. When it expires, I am not above cancelling and getting another one. I'm cheap like that.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You still got it???

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

ok, so, yes, i still have it, and if i have to choose, i guess i have to choose cleo since she posted first. HOWEVER, i just now saw that it says "Mail the attached card or call 1-800-522-4205 or visit newsobserver.com/subscribe."

Here's what the card says:
    "13 weeks for $13
    Lock in for 26 weeks - only $26
    Lock in for 52 weeks - only $52"
    Expires Nov 20, 2010

And then there's a Code listed: SC13

So, maybe you can both get the deal?

If either of you still need the physical card after you call, let me know. I'll hang onto it just in case.

5. Cleopatra

My subscription won't be up until Jan. I am betting in Jan, I will be able to find another deal.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Cool thanks so much!
    I'll see if the code works sometime over the weekend, if not I'll let you know.

7. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

cool. :)

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I'm getting the paper every day for $2 a week. I locked in for a year in July.
    They're really hurting for hard copy subscribers since this new internet thing came around. :lol:

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

yeah, i think they're banking on couponers a lot...b/c most stores have some sort of restriction on internet printed coupons while pretty much everyone but Sam's will take the ones clipped from the inserts in the paper.

10. meanreen

meanreen Well-Known Member

Does Sam's take Mfg coupons now?

11. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Nope...now that you ask, I realize I typed that kinda funny. Sam's is the only place I know of that does NOT take manufacturer's q's.

12. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

I am rather proud of myself for a eureka moment I just had. We're on a fixed budget...one income for a family of 5...like almost everyone else these days. But I want to give my sister and her hubby-to-be (getting married this Sat) a meaningful gift. So I'm going to give them a subscription to the Sunday paper...she marvels at my relatively amateur attempts at couponing, so that'll be a gift that keeps on giving, I figure!

13. Cleopatra

Great idea!

14. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

thanks for the post! I just renewed my Sunday subscription (after cancelling 2 wks ago)

15. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

no problem! glad i could help!

16. alen

alen Well-Known Member

I tried to renew and they would not take the promotional code. So I started a new account, using the wifes name, and used the code that way. I figure I'd just use the kids names next, maybe the dog...on and on and on. :)

17. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

that's weird that worked...b/c i thought they were keying off the street number/address. but if it worked it worked! good job, "alen" or whatever your real name is. ;)

18. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

anyone noticed a new N&O subscription deal lately? i have a friend that needs to subscribe b/c he's jealous of my super doubles totals from the teeter. ;)

19. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I called last week and asked for the $1 / Sunday and they gave it to me.

20. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

NO WAY! thanks! we'll try that....i'll keep you posted.