Nabisco Chocolate Wafers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by poptart4breakfast, Jan 25, 2011.

1. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where to find Nabisco Chocolate Wafer cookies? I can only find them on Amazon, but I don't have time to order them online. I need them by Friday to use in a recipe. Food Lion and Lowes does not sell them. Just hoping someone can save me the time of going to a bunch of different stores. Thanks!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

have u looked in the ice cream toppings section at FL, (near the ice cream)? there used to be some sort of choc wafer/cookies on those shelves.

3. poptart4breakfast

Yes, you're right they always seem to be near the ice cream toppings but the manager at FL said they have not carried them for a long time and there weren't any there today.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

oh, ok - I wasn't sure if that was the same thing/brand u were looking for or not - sorry! good luck in finding them........:neutral:

Can u just call around to other stores in the area and ask? Kroger, Harris Teeter,Trader Joes?
    Could you substitute choc graham crackers?

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

maybe try calling Walmart?

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I think I saw them at Walgreens in Clayton a few weeks ago.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I needed them myself a while back, I was making a pie crust. I subbed with choc graham crackers and they worked just fine. Could you find out on the company's website where they are sold?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I hope you eat something other that Chocolate Wafers and Pop-tarts. I am worried about you! :mrgreen:

9. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I just saw them somewhere in my travels last week. probably lowes foods at 50-42, seems I go there alot

10. poptart4breakfast

Hught- that made me laugh. Unfortunately it's not far from the truth...I have a major sweet tooth! I love to find a picture of a poptart to use as my avatar.
    Lori-Beth- I tried Lowe's yesterday with no luck. Gonna try Fresh Market today before I give up.
    I got on the company's website yesterday and they didn't have them listed under products. Now I'm wondering if they even make them anymore.

11. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I know I have seen them at Lowe's and Kroger recently. If they're not w/ the ice cream toppings, they might have been in the baking secion where the graham cracker crusts are.

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers, in a yellow box, then I saw plenty of them tonight at the Food Lion in Clayton on Hwy 70 (near Pizza Hut, Wendys, Burger King etc.) I looked for them only because I've never heard of them until this post but they were on the cookie aisle with the other cookies by Nabisco. They were $3.99 if I remember correctly.

13. poptart4breakfast

Thanks for all the help! I found them at Fresh Market in Raleigh. Good to know they have them in Clayton too. Appreciate it!

14. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I was in Lowes at 50-42 today and there were those chocolate wafers right where I thought i saw them a couple of weeks ago. In the cookie aisle right next to the oreos.